Penguins Alternate Concept

OhioSportsMan61

i am not too fond of the penguins "new" third jerseys. (if you havent seen yet, they promoted their 2011 winter classic jersey as their new alternate, scrapping the powder blue jersey).

so based off of the colors of the new uni, i created this. inspiration came from their farm team (wilkes-barre/scranton penguins)

enjoy! C&C please

PENSHome.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Ok, Pens fan here...you ready?

Ok, let's begin. First, I hate the fact that the Penguins have continued to go with this blue crap, it was something they phased out and thank god they did. Now people want to bring it back, if you want to go old school, go with the the mid 80's to 92. PLEASE.

It's mind numbing seeing more blue jersey concepts. Let's leave the blue jerseys to other teams that seem to love that color, the NBA just killed the color blue, the NHL doesn't need to as well.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Ok, let's begin. First, I hate the fact that the Penguins have continued to go with this blue crap, it was something they phased out and thank god they did. Now people want to bring it back, if you want to go old school, go with the the mid 80's to 92. PLEASE.

This.

1. The numbers/letters are tiny.

2. It makes zero sense to have a blue jersey and then a yellow shoulder patch.

3. Basketball-style jerseys DO NOT work out on hockey jerseys. Look at Atlanta and Dallas' abominations. Very boring and uncreative.

This could become a good jersey, but it needs a lot of work first.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It's mind numbing seeing more blue jersey concepts. Let's leave the blue jerseys to other teams that seem to love that color, the NBA just killed the color blue, the NHL doesn't need to as well.

Dude, you nailed it. Thank you. I've made many complaints about this but here goes: Black, vegas gold, athletic gold(the little bit in the crest logo), navy, powder blue, vintage white(in the crest again), and white. That's 6 colors in your set. I mean, it's hard to even know what they're going for. Are they planning to go back to a two-tone blue color scheme from the late 60s-70s look, or are they sticking with the vegas gold?

For the concept, I'd start over. I'm not a fan of scripts on hockey jerseys. The striping pattern is a little boring. Keep trying though. Looking forward to an update.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

How does this have anything to do with the actual concept he posted? It's clear you don't like the Penguins in blue - your personal feelings as a fan really shouldn't affect your ability to objectively critique a concept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived