Nike Pro Combat Series

colinturner95

Yeah, not a fan of this one either. Not "Stanford" enough, and I think the tree pattern could be executed a little bit better. Remember-- they're the Cardinal (color), not the trees. Students just came up with that mascot and it stuck. Since green isn't an official color, and is only used sparingly in one of the logos, I don't know if it warrants this heavy of usage.

Sorry, but this is even more of a downgrade.

You're missing the point of what made the Pro Combat revolution so popular (and well executed in 2010), and that's intent. There was a story or a premise behind each of the designs. Here, we're seeing "because its Nike" as the idea behind the designs. Why add another color that is not in Stanford's palette? Look at their palette, read some about the school and its history, and go from there. I think that's a better plan of action than "because it looks cool." That adds backing to your designs. Right now, you've got a lot of low-contrast colors that only work together in a strategically planned-out way IMO. I'm not seeing a lot of strategy here.

Round 3 of Stanford:

stanford2-2.png

I tried to get a more of a Cardinal (color) look for Stanford,while mixing it with anthracite. The stripe pattern found on the jerseys, helmets and pants is the double pant stripe on the normal white pants.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Finally...Michigan State.

spartICANS.png

Bronze helmet with the stripe now has a Greek Key pattern stripe down the middle. The jersey yolk goes from anthracite to bronze and Sparty is on the sleeves. The pants, to some dismay, still are anthracite, but the pants have a gold stripe that also has a Greek Key pattern in it. Sparty is on the pant sides

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Not really feeling these. Boise is quite cluttered with various ideas competing against each other and two different colored sleeves on another color base for the jersey looks silly. I know it's not your idea, but I've always hated the Boise gradient on the numbers. The first Stanford set will face all kinds of legibility issues. The second one, closer to their real PCs, is slightly better than the first Stanford attempt. I'm not a fan of black for Stanford, though. MSU is the best of the three. However, that's going to be a bronze-heavy set from the chest up. I'd drop the shoulder coloring completely. Not a fan of the pants. It's less dark than black, but slightly darker than the dark green. I feel like you'd barely be able to make the distinction on the field (considering how much the green and black blended together on their real PCs). I'd go with green or bronze pants.

Im back. So on my leave of absence, I went back over my original 13 teams and I felt that Oregon and LSU's Pro Combats were perfect so they've been dropped. I've been working on my next team which should be up within the 30 min. But aside from feedback, I need 2 new teams. For now requests are welcome...

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived