Carolina (Sting)Rays

Bravo96

Hi, guys! I was inspired by an idea on here from a while ago. The author posted a primary logo concept, but no uniforms. I switched it up a bit, but changed the name from Devil Rays>Rays>Stingrays. This way, no satanic imagery or whatever, but still an ocean animal and not a sunspot. I like the ray of sun, I like their current identity, but if they end up moving, I think they should go to Charlotte, and this would be a cool look IMO. C&C Appreciated!

Home: I took the Devil Rays concept, combined it with the new look, and then brought back that sweet old-school green and Carolina blue. I think it works really well.

CarRaysHome.png

Away: Same, in gray.

CarRaysAway.png

Home Alt: This is nice, huh? I'm sure there will be mixed opinions, but I like the look of the primary across the jersey.

CarRaysAlt1.png

Away Alt: Not too impressed with this one, may need a slight change...

CarRaysAlt2.png

Logos/Wordmarks:

RaysWordmark7.png

Tell me what you think!

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

I think those colors (Carolina Blue and Swamp Green) should belong to a team called the "Carolina Mudcats," don't you think. I can see the Rays move to Charlotte, though. Coincidentally, didn't the "Charlotte Knights" have these colors at one point?

I hope the "-Rays" nickname stays in Tampa Bay for future teams, though. Such a great logo and identity history, such a terrible stadium.

I like that Rays logo over the state of Carolina, I'd just get rid the detailed state outline and simplify it a little bit. I would also change the team's name to the Charlotte Stingrays. I think the logos are great, but the jerseys...not so much.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

I agree about the font. ^ It's a bit techy looking for a baseball team, especially one located in the South. I recommend that you increase the size of the wordmark, also.

I can't decide how I feel about the wordless logo being on the front of a jersey. It's something you never really see, but it's not all that bad-looking.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

Thanks everyone. Anyone got any suggestions for a better font? It just chose one that looked remotely like their mid-2000s look. Also, to JLopeseXC, no thanks man. I appreciate the offer, but I'd like to go this one alone. Thanks guys!

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

There's no problem with the scripts IMO. However, you really need to increase the size of the wordmark like other said. If you're using paint, you can still arch the wordmarks. Here's how I do it:

For slanting, I used skewing in MS Paint. Just take the first two letters and skew vertically by "-10". Take the next one or two and skew horizontally "-7/-6". Keep working your way to the right and eventually you'll come with a clean slant (well sort of ). That quote was taken from my series. Another trick i learned to skew things horizontally and vertically evenly, I just go (-5) for horizontal/vertical, and (+5) for horizontal/vertical.

Good job on the logos too.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The uniforms have promise, but you definitely need a different uniform font.

Colors are close to the Charlotte Knights, but I like the idea of having a nod to the Knights in the hunter green, but emphasizing the Carolina blue.

The only real beef I have is...Charlotte is nowhere near the ocean. Unless there are stingrays in the Catawba River or Lake Norman that I don't know about. ^_^ Also, having the team name as "Carolina" but only having North Carolina on the logo seems a bit odd. Both the Panthers and Hurricanes use "Carolina" to mean both North and South.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived