Get a Share of the Pack

Mac the Knife

I can't believe magic bean certificates have utterly and unanimously eroded the otherwise unflappable cynicism of this community. We could've had a thread called "Cute Fuzzy Puppies!" and someone would've checked in with "these puppies aren't that cute nor fuzzy at all" before Post No. 137. Christ.

It's a Christmas f*****g miracle!

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe magic bean certificates have utterly and unanimously eroded the otherwise unflappable cynicism of this community. We could've had a thread called "Cute Fuzzy Puppies!" and someone would've checked in with "these puppies aren't that cute nor fuzzy at all" before Post No. 137. Christ.

Man, if you stepped out in the rain, you'd say someone was pissing on you.

There. How's that? :D

nav-logo.png

By order, do you mean buy a share or order a certificate? If the latter, where do you see that?

And don't they have to provide some documentation that I purchased their magic beans? I haven't seen anything since I gave them hundreds of dollars.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I mean buy a share. That's obviously the only way to obtain a certificate.

Want a share of the Green Bay Packers under the tree by Christmas? Then you have to place your order by Friday.

Shares purchased by credit card, debit card or cashiers check will be delivered by Dec. 25, the Packers said. The deadline for personal-check payment and a Christmas delivery was Monday.

(Source)

And no, the sale isn't final until they finish the background check. But didn't you receive a confirmation number? If you ordered online, you should have seen something like this:

I'm officially a part owner in the Green Bay Packers! This is great!

packerstockkpeg.jpg

Oh, I did. I thought you meant they were selling certificates to shareholders; that would be wrong but I'd understand why they would.

I just haven't seen any updates since the confirmation email. And I'm kind of surprised I haven't, all things considered.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What kind of update were you expecting? I could see a shipping notice, perhaps, but don't really see the point. It's not like one could reasonably believe that the Packers will abscond with your $275 to a country without an extradition treaty.

Maybe a notice of how the overall sale is going? Next steps on shipping, as you said? I don't know...something.

I'll be okay. :)

So like, I'm super-late in seeing all this, and my BlackBerry browser is slower than molasses so I can't pull up the Packers' website or that link up above, so...for how long will these shares be offered for sale? And also, what's the summary of benefits to this (beyond the mere giddiness of actually owning stock in a major pro sports franchise)? I see shareholders get certificates, but what else comes with that? I'm only curious because I know I can't pony up the cash for it right now, but at the same time I'd hate to miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime oportunity here. I'd also like to have something to bequeath to my baby girl when she comes of age. (Speaking of...is it even possible to buy a share under a child's name or how does all that work?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Gothamite's our resident expert, but I'll say I bought my share solely for the cachet of being a faux NFL owner, and to hang something on the wall. It's an expensive tchotsky, but that's how I'm viewing it. Maybe in a few years I'll grow up and appreciate it more.

Maybe. :P

I appreciate the vote of confidence.

So like, I'm super-late in seeing all this, and my BlackBerry browser is slower than molasses so I can't pull up the Packers' website or that link up above, so...for how long will these shares be offered for sale? And also, what's the summary of benefits to this (beyond the mere giddiness of actually owning stock in a major pro sports franchise)? I see shareholders get certificates, but what else comes with that? I'm only curious because I know I can't pony up the cash for it right now, but at the same time I'd hate to miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime oportunity here. I'd also like to have something to bequeath to my baby girl when she comes of age. (Speaking of...is it even possible to buy a share under a child's name or how does all that work?)

The shares will be offered until February 29, 2012, or until all 250,000 shares are sold (at least 185,000 have been sold already). The Packers may also extend the sale and increase the number of shares available to 880,000. I'd say count on an extention and increase, if not that high.

In addition to the certificate, you also get voting rights at the shareholder meeting (not to mention an invitation to that meeting). That's about it. Plus pride and all that.

You can buy shares as a "Custodian for Minor", as I plan to do for my kids. I believe that both your name and hers will appear on the certificate, and as custodian you will have the right to vote her share. Then when she comes of age, she will have it transferred into her name.

Lovely info, especially that last part. Thanks, Goth.

I mean, I don't suppose the shares appreciate in value over the years as normal stock does, do they? And other than a few more votes and a few more certificates, I really can't see a tangible benefit in owning multiple shares--but never mind all that. Even though it may seem relatively minor on the surface, just the opportunity to walk up to random folks and tell them I'm a minority owner in a major pro sports franchise would be worth it...and when you come from dirt like I do, that's kind of a big deal. And plus, how many three-year-olds can say, in their best babbled English, that they're minority owners as well?

So yeah...suffice it to say I think Imma start saving up so I can do this. (On another note, how weird would it be that probably the biggest Buccaneer nut around here winds up owning a share of a onetime division rival??)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

From this owner: no. :P

Dang :) What about some green pants? At the very least a throwback that actually has green in it?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived