Get a Share of the Pack

Mac the Knife

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes - we'll know tomorrow. The offering will end on a predetermined date, even if shares go unsold (tomorrow's offering is entirely composed of shares left over from the 1997 sale).

How much of a chance is there of that happening? Serious question.

I'm nervous that they'll all go within minutes on Tuesday morning.

BB52Big.jpg

So they may offer more than 250,000 shares?

No, I don't think they can.

They only have a limited amount of shares available, those left over from the last sale. If they want to sell more, then they have to do a stock split, which they really don't want to do. But in any case, it's too late - the SEC approved the offering as-is, and it cannot be adjusted halfway through.

Welcome to the club, brother.

I expected a strong start, although I'll still be surprised if they sell the entire offering.

Reading the offering document now.

For what it's worth, here's the sample certificate:

c405687e4b5522c3873f674e4f7cd24d.jpg

Images of old certificates here, if you're interested in an historical review.

The web site is taking a serious hammering this morning - not unexpected.

1,600 in 11 minutes sounds like they'll sell out quick. But I thought that in 1997 and they didn't come close when all was said and done.

c405687e4b5522c3873f674e4f7cd24d.jpg

New styling from the 1997 offering. Looks like my certificate just went up in value a little (not that I'd part with it). LOL

nav-logo.png

Yeah, there's obviously a lot of built-up excitement, but 250,000 is an awful lot. Not to mention that the Packers have the right to issue up to 880,000 shares ($220,000,000.00 for those of you scoring at home).

I love the new design, but am a bit put out that they skipped over the 1940s entirely with that logo review.

This is what the offering file says...

If the Corporation accepts a Subscription Agreement, then the Corporation will process the Subscription Agreement and forward stock certificates to the purchaser or the recipient as indicated. The Corporation estimates that processing will take approximately seven business days. The Corporation will forward certificates by two-day shipping after completion of processing, but there will be no deliveries prior to December 16, 2011.

Barring something unforseen, looks like I'm a minority owner in the Green Bay Packers. HOT DAMN!

BB52Big.jpg

I'm a Bears fan but this is one of those super cool things about the Packers and I wish my team offered it.

For those that are owners, what is the advantage to owning multiple shares as an individual. I get you'd have multiple votes but in reality does one person having 4 votes really mean anything in the scheme of things?

And I understand a family having multiples so every member has them, I'm just talking about individuals, I believe someone on here said they were buying 4.

Archived