Get a Share of the Pack

Mac the Knife

What kind of update were you expecting? I could see a shipping notice, perhaps, but don't really see the point. It's not like one could reasonably believe that the Packers will abscond with your $275 to a country without an extradition treaty.

Maybe a notice of how the overall sale is going? Next steps on shipping, as you said? I don't know...something.

I'll be okay. :)

Poor communication. I blame the new owners. :P

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe. :P

I appreciate the vote of confidence.

So like, I'm super-late in seeing all this, and my BlackBerry browser is slower than molasses so I can't pull up the Packers' website or that link up above, so...for how long will these shares be offered for sale? And also, what's the summary of benefits to this (beyond the mere giddiness of actually owning stock in a major pro sports franchise)? I see shareholders get certificates, but what else comes with that? I'm only curious because I know I can't pony up the cash for it right now, but at the same time I'd hate to miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime oportunity here. I'd also like to have something to bequeath to my baby girl when she comes of age. (Speaking of...is it even possible to buy a share under a child's name or how does all that work?)

The shares will be offered until February 29, 2012, or until all 250,000 shares are sold (at least 185,000 have been sold already). The Packers may also extend the sale and increase the number of shares available to 880,000. I'd say count on an extention and increase, if not that high.

In addition to the certificate, you also get voting rights at the shareholder meeting (not to mention an invitation to that meeting). That's about it. Plus pride and all that.

You can buy shares as a "Custodian for Minor", as I plan to do for my kids. I believe that both your name and hers will appear on the certificate, and as custodian you will have the right to vote her share. Then when she comes of age, she will have it transferred into her name.

Don't forget the shareholder Super Bowl rings.

BB52Big.jpg

Again?

No.

Hahahaha! Serious question though, whose decision would it be to change the uniforms?

BTW, I hope I wasn't bugging you.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Maybe. :P

I appreciate the vote of confidence.

So like, I'm super-late in seeing all this, and my BlackBerry browser is slower than molasses so I can't pull up the Packers' website or that link up above, so...for how long will these shares be offered for sale? And also, what's the summary of benefits to this (beyond the mere giddiness of actually owning stock in a major pro sports franchise)? I see shareholders get certificates, but what else comes with that? I'm only curious because I know I can't pony up the cash for it right now, but at the same time I'd hate to miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime oportunity here. I'd also like to have something to bequeath to my baby girl when she comes of age. (Speaking of...is it even possible to buy a share under a child's name or how does all that work?)

The shares will be offered until February 29, 2012, or until all 250,000 shares are sold (at least 185,000 have been sold already). The Packers may also extend the sale and increase the number of shares available to 880,000. I'd say count on an extention and increase, if not that high.

In addition to the certificate, you also get voting rights at the shareholder meeting (not to mention an invitation to that meeting). That's about it. Plus pride and all that.

You can buy shares as a "Custodian for Minor", as I plan to do for my kids. I believe that both your name and hers will appear on the certificate, and as custodian you will have the right to vote her share. Then when she comes of age, she will have it transferred into her name.

Don't forget the shareholder Super Bowl rings.

True. And t-shirts, caps, coffee mugs and the like. How could I forget?

Wait--whoa, hold up, time out. WHAT?!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yep. Once you get your shareholder pack, there's login information for the Shareholders page on the pro shop:

http://www.packersproshop.com/products/shareholders/main/a0494f3a0dfef71d/

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Shareholder logo:

packers_shareholders200.jpg

So I don't buy any of the merchandise. But many people do.

I know you don't get that for free. (Do you?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

No, but I think the "cheap" one goes for about 400 bucks. Gothamite?

Anyway, if the Packers win the SB again this season, I am definitely buying a ring. And I'll buy one for every SB they win from here on out. Owning an NFL team is fun. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Anyway, if the Packers win the SB again this season, I am definitely buying a ring. And I'll buy one for every SB they win from here on out. Owning an NFL team is fun. B)

$400? Really? I though they would start with an extra zero at the least.

I just might be stupid enough to buy one myself. Go Pack!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

$400? Really? I though they would start with an extra zero at the least.

I just might be stupid enough to buy one myself. Go Pack!

Yeah, the cheap rings are CZ and valadium (?) instead of diamonds and gold but wow, what a conversation piece. When I was telling my brother about my Packers stock, he was baffled as to why I'd buy a stock that, "doesn't increase in value, can't be sold, and has no returns or dividends." He called it "a very expensive piece of paper that you put in a frame." Then I told him about the ring. My brother's response was a lot like Buc's; "wait, what?" The ring caused a complete 180. Good thing too since he's getting a share for Christmas.

BB52Big.jpg

Wow. I won't dismiss the claim that much of Packers' stock and associated benefits are just trinkets for sports nerds, but what trinkets!

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm definitely I'm rooting for the Packers to win the Super Bowl. There's no guarantee that I'd buy a shareholder's ring that I would never, ever wear, but it would be cool to at least have the opportunity.

What global economic recession? :)

Just got an email telling me my certificates should be here Monday.

I'm definitely rooting for the Packers to win the Super Bowl. There's no guarantee that I'd buy a shareholder's ring that I would never, ever wear, but it would be cool to at least have the opportunity.

What global economic recession? :)

Same here. Despite my best efforts not to let it happen, I'm finding myself steadily drifting towards being more interested in the team I "own" than I am in the one I grew up rooting for.

There's an absolute guarantee that I'll buy a shareholder's ring and I'll wear it all the time. I love those big, gaudy-ass looking things. And it's gotta be a chick magnet, right? B)

BB52Big.jpg

There's an absolute guarantee that I'll buy a shareholder's ring and I'll wear it all the time. I love those big, gaudy-ass looking things. And it's gotta be a chick magnet, right? B)

It's definitely a conversation piece.

Did you buy one last season?

BB52Big.jpg

Archived