Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

We'll have to wait a week for Borg's begrudged half-assed "sorry if my comments offended you" apology, since MLS suspended him.

In other news, I'm really pumped for Sounders/Galaxy. First time in MLS that CenturyLink Field will be completely open.

Completely open? Do you mean all of the seats in the building? Because that's not true.

Friend of mine is going to the game and posted this on Facebook. Note the tarp on the upper level:

546453_3675271636831_1126144977_33453400_2122465932_n.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mistake, apparently the game in August against LA will be at full capacity. To apologize, here's Kasey Keller with a mullet:

16c7f2c475144a26bdabd14.jpg

EDIT: Additionally I forgot that for Keller's last regular season game the stadium was open.

soundersbanner.png

We'll have to wait a week for Borg's begrudged half-assed "sorry if my comments offended you" apology, since MLS suspended him.

In other news, I'm really pumped for Sounders/Galaxy. First time in MLS that CenturyLink Field will be completely open.

Completely open? Do you mean all of the seats in the building? Because that's not true.

Friend of mine is going to the game and posted this on Facebook. Note the tarp on the upper level:

546453_3675271636831_1126144977_33453400_2122465932_n.jpg

It's been completely open before. I took this photo at a Sounders game late last season:

WP_000297.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What the f u c k? Why would you even write something like that. It's not even an opinion piece, it's just an opinion. Stuff like that belongs on twitter, not in an article. 60 years ago. What an idiot.

Fixed...

I cant wait to read his "apology" and explanation.

Touche.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Borg's comments aren't offensive... they're just wrong...

"Super-Fan" chicks in ANY sport are infinetly more bangable.... :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Borg's comments aren't offensive... they're just wrong...

"Super-Fan" chicks in ANY sport are infinetly more bangable.... :P

This. 10000X this.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

TFC has opened the MLS Season with eight straight losses, with the latest defeat on home turf to DC United. I'm starting to feel sorry for Toronto. This has to be an MLS record, right? Will TFC exact revenge against United in DC on May 19 or will another loss be tacked onto TFC's record?

TFC has opened the MLS Season with eight straight losses, with the latest defeat on home turf to DC United. I'm starting to sorry for Toronto. This has to be an MLS record, right? Will TFC exact revenge against United in DC on May 19 or will another loss be tacked onto TFC's record?

It's a record all right. I believe 6 tied the record.

It's painful, it was really quiet in the stadium yesterday too. Until a group of people started chanting "Let's go Blue Jays".

I got into it with one guy, a little, when I said back to him "wrong stadium buddy." he came back with something stupid like "yes it is."

So I told him "Oh my bad, I though I was looking at a soccer pitch not a baseball diamond.".

People that do that :censored: piss me off, come and support your team. If you don't want to support don't come. I told him "Love the crest or f u c k off."

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

TFC has opened the MLS Season with eight straight losses, with the latest defeat on home turf to DC United. I'm starting to sorry for Toronto. This has to be an MLS record, right? Will TFC exact revenge against United in DC on May 19 or will another loss be tacked onto TFC's record?

It's painful, it was really quiet in the stadium yesterday too. Until a group of people started chanting "Let's go Blue Jays".

I got into it with one guy, a little, when I said back to him "wrong stadium buddy." he came back with something stupid like "yes it is."

So I told him "Oh my bad, I though I was looking at a soccer pitch not a baseball diamond.".

People that do that :censored: piss me off, come and support your team. If you don't want to support don't come. I told him "Love the crest or f u c k off."

That's unfortunate to hear of your supporters experience. The dude doesn't sound like a fan at all. Is there hope on the horizon for TFC?

That's unfortunate to hear of your supporters experience. The dude doesn't sound like a fan at all. Is there hope on the horizon for TFC?

Frings went out with a sore shoulder. It looks like it's just getting worse. :(

Winter needs to go, obviously. Unfortunately being part of the MLSE family doesnt breed a whole lot of success.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Winter needs to go, obviously. Unfortunately being part of the MLSE family doesnt breed a whole lot of success.

Who do you bring in if Winter goes? (actually asking, not being sarcastic)

I think you'd bring in someone like Caleb Porter, Sasho Cirovski or promote Thomas Rongen and get a technical director familiar with the leagues inner workings and the style of the league.

I think you'd bring in someone like Caleb Porter, Sasho Cirovski or promote Thomas Rongen and get a technical director familiar with the leagues inner workings and the style of the league.

The rumor flying around is Steve Nichol has been in Toronto lately. There's no doubt that something needs to be done. The players have no faith in the manager (see Ryan Johnson) and from what i hear offer of the coaches told Torsten Frings to keep playing after he told the trainer he thought he broke his arm.

What a cluster:censored: this team has become.

1zqy8ok.gif

The rumor flying around is Steve Nichol has been in Toronto lately. There's no doubt that something needs to be done. The players have no faith in the manager (see Ryan Johnson) and from what i hear offer of the coaches told Torsten Frings to keep playing after he told the trainer he thought he broke his arm.

What a cluster:censored: this team has become.

Oof, Nichol. Not pretty football but his teams are a pain in the ass to play thats for sure. He wouldnt be a bad choice for Toronto.

I actually read that rumor on Nichol because of his ties with Paul Mariner.

I can't believe that the coaches would tell Frings to keep playing if he was in that much pain BUT that does explain the situation.

I noticed the trainer was massaging Frings shoulder and then he kind of slowly walked back on the pitch. It wasn't 2 mins later that he got the ball and just kicked it into touch and threw the armband down and went straight down the tunnel.

When he threw down the armband the first thing I could think was "no, please don't be walking out on the team." Seems like another frustrated captain for TFC.

I'm copying this from the U-Sector board. I didn't write this. you can find the original here

The Observer Project (from behind the bench), vs. DCU, Saturday 5 May:

Anselmi and Bierne no longer come out to stand near the west centre field, before the game.

Jason Bent was seen at the players? pre-game warm-up, for the first time in several games this season.

The players pre-game huddle seemed to exclude Lambe??..He seemed not to care and received physio crème instead. Frings lead the dialogue with the team circle and De Guzman followed up with a few words.

Increasingly, Bob De Klerk has become unanimated in the last few home games, to a point where he is virtually silent. Quite a difference from last season, when we thought he would surely die of cardiac arrest at every touch by our team.

Stewart Kerr, the Goalkeeping Coach seems the most animated, not only from this game but also for several games now. Again, this is a new event, as Toshak was never seen at the bench during the Winter regime. However, you are left wondering what he is doing instructing players during the course of the game as a ?Goal Keeping Coach?.

At the earlier part of the first half, Ryan Johnson and Winter were having a huge yelling match that persisted for several minutes. This was not a one-way street. Johnson?s face was clearly distorted by a combination of anger and frustration. He kept pointing forward as if he wanted the team to move into attack mode and Winter kept pointing towards our goal as if he was saying keep the defensive strategy intact. Not a pleasant situation. The impression that we were left with is that the players see positional change by the opponent and wish to adjust technically. The yelling match reinforced Winter?s either stubbornness or lack of faith in what his players can deliver.

Interesting moment when Morgan was called over to talk with Winter. Winter?s gesture with his hands was ?run straight and cut sharply from the left?. The reason, this is noted was Morgan?s response was to roll his eyes in the widest circle visible to us, from a distance. For a young player to show that much contradictory physical action in response to the Coaches commands, well???

The most interesting observation??Frings ran into one of our players and immediately responded to the bench indicating that he had been injured. No response from the bench? WTF, except for Winter who stood up and motioned for him to come to the bench. He ran over to the bench and clearly with a German accent communicated to the bench (in front of Kerr) that ??I broke my shoulder?? We could hear this clearly (stadium was only being loud only by the DC Support). We could not believe that the team Doctor did not even get out of his seat. My wife who is in the medical field, immediately stated that his arm is hanging and that he looks in pain, and his gait was off. Kerr, stood up and ordered him back onto the field. Winter looked at Kerr as if he had said ?:censored: Holland?.

Frings played for a few seconds and then when a DCU player lay on the grass with injury, he immediately took the opportunity and rocketed the ball into Row Z. He trotted off to the bench took off his Captain?s arm band and tossed it in front of Stewart Kerr walking briskly past Winter and immediately towards the dressing room followed by Carmelo (Athletic Therapist). De Guzman was ordered to pick up the arm band by Winter and Julian?s face was more akin to ?what happened here? than anything else.

Winter did not speak to Kerr for the remainder of the game, even though Kerr sat beside him. Kerr spoke several times to Corey Wray (Mgr, Team Operations who reports to Earl Cochrane).

Ty Harden?s chin was buried in his chest and his face was contorted with frustration as he walked off the field. Actually felt sympathy for him.

Take what you will from these observations. There are several stories circulating about Frings and the armband, but this is ours, directly facing Frings just three rows up at an oblique angle to the events that transpired.

1zqy8ok.gif

Adding to Breakwood's post, here is is an article that's getting alot of comments also on the Usector board.

Frankly, it seems like we're going down the road all too well traveled with TFC.

Perhaps TFC needs to be relegated to either NASL or USL Pro in order for them to get their act together. I'm sure Orlando City or Minnesota Stars FC would perform better than TFC in a new league.

Archived