Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

TFC about 10 minutes away from beating LA Galaxy in the first leg.

Donovan gets a late equalizer from a Beckham corner (after Beckham had a soda/beer can thrown at him) to make it 2-2 going to LA.

RE: the Beckham Can Toss, if that wasn't a swift exhibition of karma, then idk what would be.

That idiot. I'm so pissed about the can toss. In reality did it make a difference? Probably not. TFC did not defend well and let Donovan walk in. But it is all the talk around Toronto today. The annoying part being that people are lumping that idiot into all TFC fans and calling us drunk idiots.

Frankly, that's far from the truth, that really sucks. Last night was a great event that could have pushed TFC more and more into the public eye in a positive way but 1 drunk idiot added a black mark.

That said, TFC came out flying in the 1st half and really lost pace in the 2nd half. Truth be told, I was nervous most of the 2nd half for TFC.

I'm flying out to LA for the 2nd leg though, and i'm really excited to check out the game.

EDIT: I don't know why they served beers in the cans. In that same stadium with the Jays and Argos they always pour the can of beer into plastic cups so even if some idiot decides to throw it, the cup doesn't go as far and won't hurt like a can may be able to.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TFC about 10 minutes away from beating LA Galaxy in the first leg.

Donovan gets a late equalizer from a Beckham corner (after Beckham had a soda/beer can thrown at him) to make it 2-2 going to LA.

RE: the Beckham Can Toss, if that wasn't a swift exhibition of karma, then idk what would be.

That's what you get when you let Philly sports fans buy tickets. Only explanation I can think of.

LvZYtbZ.png

Both remaining American clubs in the CCL (Seattle Sounders & LA Galaxy) go crashing out in the 2nd leg of the quarterfinals. Seattle hung in there with Santos Laguna for about an hour until Herc Gomez knocked in a pair of goals (He had 3 in the series. Seriously, can the dude get a call-up, Klinsmann? :P) & things just got uglier from there. 6-1 was the final, Santos Laguna wins 7-3 on aggregate. Then, as NEP just mentioned, Toronto was able to jump on LA early, tack on another one after the Galaxy tied it up, & held on to make it to the semis.

Who would've thought back in 2011 that Toronto would be the last MLS team remaining in the CCL, much less make it to the semis? :P

Who would've thought back in 2011 that Toronto would be the last MLS team remaining in the CCL, much less make it to the semis? :P

Me, lol.

All kidding aside, I never thought that. The club was not even close to how they have played in the CCL for this series, after squeaking by Dallas last year.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I dunno if its good to get a pissed off Galaxy team on Sunday or not.

If their defense is still as bad as it's looked for their 1st 3 games of the season (2 goals in Leg 1, 3 vs. RSL, & 2 more goals in leg 2 after allowing 1 goal or less in 24 of 37 league matches last year), then it'll probably be a good thing still. As the article said, the state of the Galaxy's defense w/o Omar Gonzalez should be proof that he totally deserved the Defender of the Year award that he got last season.

I dunno if its good to get a pissed off Galaxy team on Sunday or not.

If their defense is still as bad as it's looked for their 1st 3 games of the season (2 goals in Leg 1, 3 vs. RSL, & 2 more goals in leg 2 after allowing 1 goal or less in 24 of 37 league matches last year), then it'll probably be a good thing still. As the article said, the state of the Galaxy's defense w/o Omar Gonzalez should be proof that he totally deserved the Defender of the Year award that he got last season.

DC's still gelling attack may be what the Gals need to get right.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

To travel how many miles to LA to see TFC win a match they were supposed to lose is unbelievable. I just couldn't stop smiling all night. Nothing like victory tequila in LA after a momentous win.

Were you there?

To travel how many miles to LA to see TFC win a match they were supposed to lose is unbelievable. I just couldn't stop smiling all night. Nothing like victory tequila in LA after a momentous win.

Were you there?

Yeah there were about 25 TFC fans there. We had a great time. The LA fans and security were great. Kudos to them on making us feel welcome.

We had about 15 Angelinos join us in the second half. Turns out they were affiliated with Luis Silva's high school.

Everything about the experience was positive.

1zqy8ok.gif

Were you there?

Yeah there were about 25 TFC fans there. We had a great time. The LA fans and security were great. Kudos to them on making us feel welcome.

We had about 15 Angelinos join us in the second half. Turns out they were affiliated with Luis Silva's high school.

Everything about the experience was positive.

That's hilarious, I made it out to the game too. I'm out here in LA for work and wasn't sure if I'd be able to make the game so I grabbed a ticket the day of. Didn't have all my "game day gear" with me though, and had to leave early (at the half) to pick up a co-worker at the airport. But I got to see half the game. It was cool! Wish I could have met up with the supporter's after the game though.

This is how a supporters' group in Turkey responded to being told that they couldn't shoot off flares in the stands:

I'm crying here. That's wonderful. The world gives us soccer, we give them trollface, and together they become universal languages.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is how a supporters' group in Turkey responded to being told that they couldn't shoot off flares in the stands:

I'm crying here. That's wonderful. The world gives us soccer, we give them trollface, and together they become universal languages.

Seriously, I wonder how these players in Turkey (most spectacular tifos and supporters out there IMO) keep their heads in the game with whats going on in the stands. Hilarious.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

That may be the greatest thing I have ever seen

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Seriously, I wonder how these players in Turkey (most spectacular tifos and supporters out there IMO) keep their heads in the game with whats going on in the stands. Hilarious.

Long image that details the supporters' plans.

This is seriously the most brilliant bit of tifo that I've ever seen.

Anyways, I guess Don was right about DC United being in trouble today. Keane put in 2 goals, and LA's defense looked MUCH improved tonight.

Archived