Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

Quakes take down Whitecaps 3-1. Off to a 4-1 start. Best start ever for the Quakes.

Those 3 that the Quakes scored were also the 1st 3 goals that the Whitecaps have allowed all season. I'm sure that the 'Caps will take a few clean sheets and one random defensive spazz-out like this, but that's highly unrealistic. :P

Also, Thierry Henry has 7 goals in his past 3 games. He's the main reason why the Red Bulls are looking pretty damn good right now & may finally live up to some expectations, though it's early yet.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm watching the Sporting Kansas City-Los Angeles game... You mean to tell me that with the kind of firepower the Galaxy have with Keane, Donovan and Beckham they would only have three shots so far?

Back spasms prevented Beckham from making the trip to Kansas City and Donovan's just getting back into shape after a quad injury. That said, Kansas City's defense did frustrate Kean and Edson Buddle.

Was it back spasims? or was he just mad at being subbed so he refused to play? (sorry I had to, it was there for the taking)

But seriously, I do not get what's up with LA. Maybe they shouldn't have sent Donovan out on loan?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

SKC is for real. They can grind out results with the best of them. DC continues to struggle on offense but the D was really solid vs Seattle tonight. Almost pissed it away on a stoppage time header by Marc Burch that hit the crossbar. That wouldve ripped the hearts out of all United fans right there.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

If the East is as bad as most figure that they'll be & LA continues to stumble like they have, SKC is probably the best bet to win the Shield this season.

• 3 weeks later...

So, apparently Gus Johnson is on the radio call for the San Jose Earthquakes.

Which gives us this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJQdn0pABFs&feature=youtu.be

Anything Gus Johnson announces is gold. Love that guy. Ha ha!

Also pleasantly surprised that Gus is actually pretty knowledgeable about the sport and doesn't just sound like some random American announcer who just happened to get a gig doing soccer games.

Also, poor TFC. They scored 3 goals tonight, but only 2 counted for the Reds (the other one was an own goal) and lost the match in the 93rd minute. 7 games in, 7 losses. Absolute mess of a start to the season.

Well, that was a disappointing yet expected loss to Seattle. There was a little bit of hope at the end when we pulled within one but the Sounders continue to have our number.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Also, poor TFC. They scored 3 goals tonight, but only 2 counted for the Reds (the other one was an own goal) and lost the match in the 93rd minute. 7 games in, 7 losses. Absolute mess of a start to the season.

Is there a record for MLS futility that TFC hasn't broken yet?...Longest losing streak to start a season, longest goal drought, longest playoff drought...dont they have longest winless streak too?

Serious problems in Toronto

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Is there a record for MLS futility that TFC hasn't broken yet?...Longest losing streak to start a season, longest goal drought, longest playoff drought...dont they have longest winless streak too?

Don't worry, they will somehow beat DC United, in either or both, of their next two matches.

Don't worry, they will somehow beat DC United, in either or both, of their next two matches.

Man I hope your right!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

It's nice to see the Caps not being a total disaster on defence this year. The scoring certainly hasn't arrived as advertised, pre-season there was a lot of talk about all the Caps fir epower with Le Toux, Hassli, Harris, Salgado, Camillo, etc, but so far they haven't got much going on there.

Not many people get excited about the US Open Cup, but I love it. They announced the first- and second-round details today.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

And, just to show that MLS is still in some corners the half-assed outfit it was for over a decade, one of the writers for its site has come out against female die-hard fans.

http://jezebel.com/5906805/major-league-soccer-blowhard-says-female-die%20hard-fans-are-so-not-hot

It's fine if you're a female and you want to be a super-fan. Clearly go for it, that's your choice. But there is something to be said for how appealing that might be to the other sex. Having a woman that's such a fan, like painting your face, tuning in to every podcast. I don't know how many males would be into that.

It's great that in Kansas City there are a lot of women in the stands, it's great, but for the guy who wants maybe a serious relationship... If you are following just casually, but if you're such a die-hard, I don't know, it comes a point that it is a bit of a turn-off.

Sure thing, pal. That'll do wonders for spreading the Beautiful Game.

And, just to show that MLS is still in some corners the half-assed outfit it was for over a decade, one of the writers for its site has come out against female die-hard fans.

http://jezebel.com/5906805/major-league-soccer-blowhard-says-female-die%20hard-fans-are-so-not-hot

It's fine if you're a female and you want to be a super-fan. Clearly go for it, that's your choice. But there is something to be said for how appealing that might be to the other sex. Having a woman that's such a fan, like painting your face, tuning in to every podcast. I don't know how many males would be into that.

It's great that in Kansas City there are a lot of women in the stands, it's great, but for the guy who wants maybe a serious relationship... If you are following just casually, but if you're such a die-hard, I don't know, it comes a point that it is a bit of a turn-off.

Sure thing, pal. That'll do wonders for spreading the Beautiful Game.

What the f u c k? Why would you even write something like that. It's not even an opinion piece, it's just an opinion. Stuff like that belongs on twitter, not in an article. What an idiot.

What the f u c k? Why would you even write something like that. It's not even an opinion piece, it's just an opinion. Stuff like that belongs on twitter, not in an article. 60 years ago. What an idiot.

Fixed...

I cant wait to read his "apology" and explanation.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Archived