Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

The Atlanta Silverbacks beat the Georgia Revolution, meaning they get to host the Seattle Sounders next Wednesday!

Oh, wait...

It looks like the Sounders bought the rights to host the game in Seattle. How is this even allowed? I'm pretty irritated. I was planning on going to the game.

Same here. I was so excited after watching them beat the Revolution. Then the rumors that I'd been hearing about all day became a reality. I'm pretty pissed right now.

Hell, the Silverbacks could've (and probably would've) gotten stomped by multiple goals and I still would've had a great time just because we'd be seeing the hometown club duke it out against a top-flight club and the 3-time defending Cup holders. Instead, it'll be in Seattle. Plus, it'll now become part of 5 consecutive road games. This decision made no sense from a competitive standpoint, but I guess it made sen$e.

Bummer. I was gonna go too. I guess I'll take the free tickets. Hopefully they bring in a good MLS team to play against.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it should be 1-1 because Pappa was clearly in the box when the penalty was kicked. I'm happy that the Fire are up, but the refs really blew this one.

I'm not too broken up about it. Yeah, the refs dropped the ball, but we just won the Brimstone Cup for the first time in 11 years. That's awesome.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

TFC is just trolling MLS like nothing the league has ever seen. 4 times National Champions!

I wouldn't be surprised if the losing skid ends against Philadelphia this week.

Don't jinx it man! :Oo:

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

TFC wins the Canadian Championship, but still 0-9 in the league. I think they'll win at some point this year (I hope so) but could they be the worst team to compete in the CCL?

We were asking this same question when they got into the CCL last season! :lol:

Seriously, though, the Whitecaps have gotta start winning this thing. TFC is at their very worst and yet the 'Caps still can't beat them when it matters. It is indeed hilarious that TFC are once again champions of Canada, but it's sad for the Whitecaps because this is getting to be really embarrassing for them now.

LA is pretty embarrassed too, it seems to have ruined their whole season.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

USA vs Scotland on NBC Sports. And one of the worst renditions of the Star Spangled Banner I've heard in a while. (Scotland's anthem seemed out of tune too, so idk.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

USA vs Scotland on NBC Sports. And one of the worst renditions of the Star Spangled Banner I've heard in a while. (Scotland's anthem seemed out of tune too, so idk.)

Yeah, Flower of Scotland was definitely out of tune as well.

Like what I've seen so far in these first 42 minutes from the Yanks, especially the quick start.

6fQjS3M.png

TFC DID IT!!! OMG!!

That atmosphere in the stadium was amazing, you'd think we'd have won the MLS Cup.

I'm very glad that the loosing streak is over but there's a lot of work to be done yet. Hopefully this is a turning point in the season, not just one of few wins this summer.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

TFC is just trolling MLS like nothing the league has ever seen. 4 times National Champions!

You're welcome, mr.negative!

I went to my first DC United match in 2.5 years with a few friends. We sat in the Barra Brava side of the pitch. I was quite impressed with their effort last before they gave up two quick goals in the second half to New England. The team was able to overcome the blown lead and secure the three points and first place in the East (for now).

This is the most enjoyable formation of USMNT I've ever watched. I love Klinnsman's free flowing, open play style. Just have to figure out that back end.

Agreed. Midfield hasn't looked that good since World Cup 2002. Granted, they're not gonna beat everybody 5-1, but as long as the midfield can look as imaginative as they did last night, then qualifying will be less of a hassle than it was for 2010.

Seriously, when's the last time you've seen the USMNT score a goal like this?

Go ahead, I'll wait. ^_^

This is the most enjoyable formation of USMNT I've ever watched. I love Klinnsman's free flowing, open play style. Just have to figure out that back end.

Agreed. Midfield hasn't looked that good since World Cup 2002. Granted, they're not gonna beat everybody 5-1, but as long as the midfield can look as imaginative as they did last night, then qualifying will be less of a hassle than it was for 2010.

Seriously, when's the last time you've seen the USMNT score a goal like this?

Go ahead, I'll wait. ^_^

Well, if you're waiting:

(Look at those kits!!!) But that goal is more of a result of Benny Feilhaber's awesomeness than Bob Bradley's offensive genius.

BTW, what I would give to see Benny in this system... he's still better than Torres in my extremely biased opinion, let alone Ricardo Clark, Freddy Adu or any midfielder not named Bradley. He just needs to get healthy and get into form.

You're welcome, mr.negative!

I saw the Colorado Rapids play the Montreal Impact on Saturday while I was out in Denver. It was my first MLS (or professional soccer of any kind) experience. It was a very good time. The stadium was very nice, clean and roughly 80% full. And the crowd was supportive. Most people seemed to be into it and understood what was going on. While I certainly don't watch it regularly, I find soccer very exciting, so I enjoyed it. The Rapids won. People were happy. The beer was good. Etc.

One thing I did notice though was that they used the gold star which appears over their crest (that represents their MLS cup win presumably) in their branding a lot. I found that odd, but I don't know if that's a thing with soccer teams or what.

The Carolina Railhawks just beat the LA Galaxy in the Open Cup.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived