Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

Aron Winter stepped down or got fired. Whatever, something had to be done.

7 wins in 44 games, you can't argue that.

But 7 managers in 6 seasons, I mean how can you have any success if you can't let a coach spend 1 full season behind the bench?

We've had behind the scene politics, incompetent managers, greedy players and, a revolving door of players. If this team can just have 1 bit of consistency somewhere maybe they can start to build on something.

It's so annoying.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aron Winter stepped down or got fired. Whatever, something had to be done.

7 wins in 44 games, you can't argue that.

But 7 managers in 6 seasons, I mean how can you have any success if you can't let a coach spend 1 full season behind the bench?

We've had behind the scene politics, incompetent managers, greedy players and, a revolving door of players. If this team can just have 1 bit of consistency somewhere maybe they can start to build on something.

It's so annoying.

I always wondered which MLS Club would usurp the delinquency of the former MetroStars Front Office and it looks like we have a winner!

Speaking of which, perhaps MLSE needs to sell the club to an actual company who would put forth the money and effort to improve the club culture and on-field product.

It makes TFC look even worse when Vancouver and Montreal who have a combined less than 3 years in the MLS are actually performing decently. Next we'll see Edmonton jump to the MLS and do the same thing :P

With all the Euro hoopla. I forgot about Canada opening up an important stage of WC2014 qualifying against Cuba. IMO they should have no problem being a top two nation among Cuba, Honduras and Panama. Though, it shouldn't be hard to be one of four teams in CONCACAF, but somehow Canada always messes up somehow.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It makes TFC look even worse when Vancouver and Montreal who have a combined less than 3 years in the MLS are actually performing decently. Next we'll see Edmonton jump to the MLS and do the same thing :P

With all the Euro hoopla. I forgot about Canada opening up an important stage of WC2014 qualifying against Cuba. IMO they should have no problem being a top two nation among Cuba, Honduras and Panama. Though, it shouldn't be hard to be one of four teams in CONCACAF, but somehow Canada always messes up somehow.

That's a deceptively tough group for Canada, though. Obviously, Honduras qualified for the WC last time around and Panama and Cuba are always pesky teams.

6fQjS3M.png

Well I'm thinking I made the right choice in choosing to go to my hockey game over the US game tonight. There is nothing I hate more than sitting out in the pouring rain.

Did they just say the A&B goalie is 5'8? Oh my.

Edit: Good result for Canada. Yes Cuba is likely to finish bottom of the group but three points on the road is huge for them. If they get points in Panama I'm sure they'll go through.

I think I can take some solace in Canada actually outplaying Honduras, probably deserve a much a better result. Oh well, I'll take the point.

Also. The officials FIFA uses for CONCACAF absolutely blow balls.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Sucks that the equalizer came so late, but if it had to be anyone nice that it was Pappa. I kind of expected a draw coming in, so the disappointing part is that it came at the end. But you're right, a draw at Guatemala will help get them through and isn't anything to start worrying about.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I could be mistaken; however, the first two matches for the USA have taught them to:

A. Never underestimate their opponents. Antigua and Barbuda made the match interesting when they scored and were only down 2-1.

B. Capitalize on opportunities. It's great to get an early goal (in the A&B match); however, one goal in the first 10 minutes doesn't mean that the match is over.

C. Be more disciplined! There were too many yellows against Guatemala

D. Learn to protect the lead. They look too relaxed when up a goal or two; and

E. When on the road, go for the win, but settle for the draw. A point on the road against Guatemala is a success! Hopefully this sets a precedent for draws or victories while away from home.

Anything else?

I think I can take some solace in Canada actually outplaying Honduras, probably deserve a much a better result. Oh well, I'll take the point.

Also. The officials FIFA uses for CONCACAF absolutely blow balls.

I can't.

Canada needs to finish. Yesterday had they kept the ball down on a couple chances they might have won 2 - nil. I think it's time that we stop looking for the little victories with Canada. We've been getting the chances and we've been able to (in competitive games, not friendlies) hold the opposition to 1 goal over the past 8 games. Admittedly, none of those games have been against Mexico, USA or, Jamaica (again, not talking friendlies) but Canada can hang with some of the best of them in CONCACAF.

Between that and the fact that people are finally showing up to the games (16 thousand or so last night, predominantly Canadian fans) I think it's time that should we expect more from Canada and stop having an empathetic "let's take our victories when we get them" attitude and start expecting more from this team. I'll stop my rant there.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I'm not happy with the point for the United States simply because three points were so easily there for the taking. It's not as if the US went down to Guatemala, played a very good game, and still came away with the draw. If you play well and draw, I don't have an issue with it.

But the US simply didn't really look like they cared too much out there. After the Dempsey goal (and even before), it was kind of a lackluster sense of simply going through the motions. The US actually plays well and they win this thing easy and have advancement to the next round all but locked up. Now? They're going to have to get 4 points off of Jamaica to really feel good - something I don't have much faith right now in them doing.

6fQjS3M.png

I think they got tired. That rough training camp + all of those previous matches scheduled so close to each other finally got to the USMNT and they looked DEAD tired. Taking that into account, it's still a disappointment that they didn't get the 3 points, but thank goodness they got a point. If they can keep on winning the home matches & at least get draws from the road trips, they'll make the hex easily.

But yeah...you could say that it was a "Scheduling Tie?" :lol:

Peter Nowak out as Philadelphia Union manager.

In addition, members of the Union’s front office offered no official comment, but the decision comes on the heels of a report release Saturday by the Edinburgh Evening News that claims Nowak has applied for a vacant position with Scottish Premier League club Hearts.

Nowak denied the claim telling the Daily News the report was “absolute false,” but the writer confirmed via Twitter that he has knowledge that Nowak applied. If true -- whether approved or not by Union ownership -- this decision certainly strikes a chord given the Union’s current 2-7-2 status in the bottom of MLS Eastern Conference in addition to the revolving door of players since the Union wrapped an 11-8-15 campaign last season that resulted in a trip to the playoffs in only the organization’s second season.

Holy crap, if Nowak actually did apply for the Hearts job, then this has gotta be one of the most obvious attempts at getting fired that I've ever seen. It's like he figured "Oh :censored:, I don't wanna be here anymore. How can I get out of here without looking foolish???" and then completely botched it.

In addition, members of the Union?s front office offered no official comment, but the decision comes on the heels of a report release Saturday by the Edinburgh Evening News that claims Nowak has applied for a vacant position with Scottish Premier League club Hearts.

Nowak denied the claim telling the Daily News the report was ?absolute false,? but the writer confirmed via Twitter that he has knowledge that Nowak applied. If true -- whether approved or not by Union ownership -- this decision certainly strikes a chord given the Union?s current 2-7-2 status in the bottom of MLS Eastern Conference in addition to the revolving door of players since the Union wrapped an 11-8-15 campaign last season that resulted in a trip to the playoffs in only the organization?s second season.

Holy crap, if Nowak actually did apply for the Hearts job, then this has gotta be one of the most obvious attempts at getting fired that I've ever seen. It's like he figured "Oh :censored:, I don't wanna be here anymore. How can I get out of here without looking foolish???" and then completely botched it.

This is not shocking. Nowak has only run the team into the ground since making the playoffs last year. Theyre terrible. Not to mention applying for that job in Scotland. This was the only way this could end for Nowak in Philly.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

In addition, members of the Union?s front office offered no official comment, but the decision comes on the heels of a report release Saturday by the Edinburgh Evening News that claims Nowak has applied for a vacant position with Scottish Premier League club Hearts.

Nowak denied the claim telling the Daily News the report was ?absolute false,? but the writer confirmed via Twitter that he has knowledge that Nowak applied. If true -- whether approved or not by Union ownership -- this decision certainly strikes a chord given the Union?s current 2-7-2 status in the bottom of MLS Eastern Conference in addition to the revolving door of players since the Union wrapped an 11-8-15 campaign last season that resulted in a trip to the playoffs in only the organization?s second season.

This is not shocking. Nowak has only run the team into the ground since making the playoffs last year. Theyre terrible. Not to mention applying for that job in Scotland. This was the only way this could end for Nowak in Philly.

Nowak shouldn't be fired! The GM should be. You can't trade your top goal scorer (Sebastian Le Toux) your captain and best defender (Danny Califf) and your #1 pick (Danny Mwanga) in the same season. You can't expect to win games after trading your entire team.

Archived