Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

Dayton Dutch Lions just beat the Crew as well. Both of those teams are currently winless in their respective leagues. I'm sure TFC was an inspiration in these upsets. :lol:

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Fire are currently losing 3-2 at the halfway point of extra time.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Bucks win, only the 4th time in the MLS Era that an amateur side has knocked out a MLS side (and the second time that the Bucks have done it!)

Also, there were 6 goals scored in the City Islanders-Revolution match. They all came in extra time, and the Islanders came back from 3 down to send it to penalties. What a wild night!!!

MN Stars up on RSL 3-1 as well. What a night of US Open Cup play!

Revs lose in PKs. City Islanders always a tough out for MLS clubs.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Harrisburg City Islanders win it on PKs, so there's another upset. I'm watching Sporting KC get all they can handle from Orlando City right now. Orlando dominated the 1st half, SKC took control in the 2nd but now Orlando is pushing hard for an equalizer.

Crazy stuff goin on!

While not every MLS team has lost, Don Garber has to be pretty unhappy right now.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Charlotte Eagles are currently beating FC Dallas 1-0. FC Dallas are currently down a man, and it's in stoppage time.

EDIT: The Eagles just scored in stoppage time. There's another upset!

Down goes Dallas! Insanity. Only hope that Seattle goes down next.

Dynamo, gone.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Stars complete the upset, down RSL 3-1.

Interesting to note that RSL broke the attendance record for a non-final/non-doubleheader Open Cup match. Really a shame that those fans showed up like they did, only to see a loss. But on the other hand, these upsets are awesome.

And we may not be done yet: Fort Lauderdale just went up 1-0 on the Earthquakes in the 38th.

As part of the deal to buy the home game, RSL had a webcast of the game. There were around one hundred people at a bar in St. Paul to watch the Stars take the money and run.

Not often I hope for Ft. Lauderdale to win, but c'mon Strikers! A Striker win means the next round is FtL at Minnesota.

...and, damn, SJ won 2-1, so the Stars have to play there next week.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Down goes Dallas! Insanity. Only hope that Seattle goes down next.

Dynamo, gone.

Hell yes. I hope I never live to see the day those insufferable twits in Seattle tie our USOC record.

Will the Revs and DC United ever get a soccer-specific stadium in, say, the end of the decade?

Not saying that Gillette Stadium is a bad stadium, but RFK is past its prime.

It may not be by the end of the decade; however, I believe that DC United will have a new home in DC located at Buzzards Point. The planned stadium will be within walking distance of Nationals Park.

EXTRA TIME:

Cal FC (Tier 5 Amateur USASA) 1, Portland Timbers (MLS) 0

You could be witnesses to the biggest upset in USA soccer history tonight...will let you know when it's over (remember, no golden goal)

bYhYmxh.png

16 MLS teams entered the 3rd round of the 2012 US Open Cup. Only 8 will even make it to the 4th round. An absolutely incredible two days of soccer in the U.S. It might be embarrassing for the MLS, but this was the jolt that this tournament needed. HUGE shot in the arm, can't remember a round of the Open Cup as crazy as this one was.

Too bad the Silverbacks got throttled. :(

EDIT: First time in the 99-year history of the competition that 2 amateur sides (Cal FC & Michigan Bucks) advanced past Round 3. Cal FC the first amateur team to defeat an MLS side w/o penalty kicks.

Archived