Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

Cal FC (USASA) 1, Portland Timbers (MLS) 0

Ladies and gentlemen, the biggest upset in United States soccer history.

Discuss.

rejected-tifo-2.png

Greatest thing about this was at least the other MLS sides that lost fielded their reserves. Spencer is on record saying that they wanted to win the Open Cup and would send out a MLS caliber team. As much as I wanted Seattle to march to Portland and show them what for, this is even better.

soundersbanner.png

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp, all of the good feelings I had after the Scotland match are gone after these past 2 matches. Yeah, it could've been 4-3 Brazil, but it also could've just as easily been 7-1 Brazil. The performance was that all over the place, but they never looked like a legit threat to Brazil, and that's their Olympic (U-23) squad. (Speaking of, what happened to Brazil today? That squad looked like worldbeaters against the USMNT, but looked completely lost against Mexico.)

Then a 0-0 draw to Canada that honestly should've been a 1-0 loss. 2 bad results after 1 great result is not what you want to see. Hopefully they can right the ship heading into the qualifiers. They'll probably be okay for the Antigua match, but they might mess around and get embarrassed if they bring the form that they brought today to Guatemala.

The foul on that Canada goal was sure a head-scratcher but it looked like the whole US team stopped after the flag went up so it's hard to say if it actually would have been a goal. I think there lucky to get Antigua up first, though, because they looked like they had trouble getting anything going tonight.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Canada missed essentially a lay up bonus time as well. US did almost steal the game off of a free kick, but the goalie made a nice save for the Canadians.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

That game was a real positive sign for me as a Canadian supporter.

In the end, Canada still needs to finish their chances when they are sitting right there for them but they took their chances and pushed forward quite a bit in the second half. A positive sign for a team that really wants to make a serious push in World Cup qualifying.

Hopefully this is the same performance we see on Friday when Canada plays (and hopefully destroys) Cuba.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Had a goal, but it wasn't called one on the pitch.

Wrong answer. Regardless of if there was a foul or not, the whistle had blown. The play was dead before the shot.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Last night's performance by the Americans concerns me. I am 70% confident that they will beat Antigua and Barbuda; 25% confident the match will be a draw; and 5% confident that we will lose on June 8.

Last night's performance by the Americans concerns me. I am 70% confident that they will beat Antigua and Barbuda; 25% confident the match will be a draw; and 5% confident that we will lose on June 8.

And about 12.7% confident they'll get three points in Guatemala.

6fQjS3M.png

Half of the Quarterfinals are set! It will be Harrisburg vs. Philadelphia and the Dayton Dutch Lions vs. Sporting Kansas City.

On the other end, Chivas USA awaits the winner of San Antonio - Charlotte. In addition, the winners of San Jose - Minnesota and Seattle - Cal FC will face each other in the remaining Quarterfinal.

Well no surprises as Seattle soundly defeats Fox Soccer FC... er I mean Cal FC 5-0, and continuing the craziness, one game was decided by a stoppage time penalty (won by Chivas USA) and four went into extra time (Harrisburg City, Philadelphia, Dayton, and Charlotte the victors).

soundersbanner.png

Ughhhh Santos Laguna again! I was hoping for LA Galaxy.

With that said (and I agree) the rematch is going to be passionate and hard fought, I think it will be an entertaining match to be honest.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived