Grant94's NHL Redesign

StevenGrant94

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like these Stars uniforms. They're simple but not too simple, they match perfectly and nothing stands out as being out of place.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I love the Dallas concept; as aci said, it's simple as it needs to be and looks really classy. I'm not a fan of the three stars on the pants, to be honest. I know the North Stars had a similar design for a few years but Texas being known as the "Lone" Star State... maybe just the lower star would be enough, perhaps a little larger.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Would it really be that hard for Dallas to go with something like this? I like how you used green/gold like the North Stars in Dallas' shade but left out the black. Looks nice.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Winter Classic Concepts: Since it is likely that Detroit will host Toronto for the next Winter Classic, I decided to make these concepts.

1. These are based off of the jerseys both teams were wearing from 1934-37. It was also the Stanley Cup match-up from 1936.

WCDetroitvsTorontoThrowbacks.png

2. I then also made a faux-back for each team. Detroit is based off of the their 1928-29 jersey, but with their classic "Red Wing" sleeves and their 1932-34 logo. Toronto is inspired by their 1927-34 blue jerseys, but with 3 arm stripes to match their sock stripes and only one hem stripe. The logo is a mix of their 1938-63 retro leaf and their T logo from when they were the Arenas.

WCDetroitvsTorontoFauxbacks-1.png

C & C Please.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Awesome concept, extra props for not using vintage white

+1. I agree that they should have laces. Also, Detroit would look better with solid white letters and not phantom ones, but that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally had some time to make new concepts. Here are some predictions for the 2012-13 NHL season.

Anaheim: Although I don't like Anaheim's third jersey, it seems to be pretty popular with Duck fans, so I'm thinking they might make it their home jersey and add a matching road. If not this season then sometime in the future.

AnaheimRoad-1.png

Chicago: Icethetics reported that Chicago will probably bring back their 1996-2009 third jersey.

ChicagoThird-1.png

Dallas: It has been reported that the Stars will introduce a green third jersey, that will possibly become a home jersey in the future. Here is my prediction of a simple green jersey.

DallasThird-1.png

Philadelphia: There have been rumors that the Flyers will make the winter classic jersey their third jersey for next year. Last time they were in a winter classic, they promoted that jersey. Also they introduced a third jersey the first year possible (2008-09) after the Reebok Edge switch, so I think it's likely to happen.

PhilidelphiaThird-1.png

Winnipeg: Icethetics reported that Winnipeg will introduce a third jersey next year. It could be based off of a jersey worn by the original Jets. I think that is a bad idea, and they should go with something new (possibly an Aviator Blue jersey). But they will probably go with an updated jersey from the original Jets.

WinnipegThird-1.png

Winter Classic: My prediction for the Winter Classic is that Detroit will go with an actual retro jersey, while Toronto will wear a faux-back. The Detroit jersey is based off of their 1934-61 white jersey. Toronto is an updated version of an older concept I made.

WinterClassic-1.png

Quebec (Phoenix): As a bonus, this is the jersey I think the Phoenix Coyotes franchise will give to their 1st round draft choice this year.

PhoenixDraftDay-1.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

All of these are fantastic. My only complains is that the waist stripes would look 100X better straight. That white Ducks jersey looks much better than I thought it would.

The Ducks jersey needs more black in it, IMO.

I agree with you, but since it's a prediction I tried to do what the Ducks would do, not what would look the best.

My only complains is that the waist stripes would look 100X better straight.

You're right for Dallas. There wasn't really a need to curve the stripes, I don't know why I did that.

DallasThird-2.png

For Winnipeg though I think the curved waist-stripes look better. Also their home and road have curved waist-stripes, so if this concept was real it would probably have curved waist-stripes too.

Winter Classic Concepts: Since it is likely that Detroit will host Toronto for the next Winter Classic, I decided to make these concepts.

1. These are based off of the jerseys both teams were wearing from 1934-37. It was also the Stanley Cup match-up from 1936.

WCDetroitvsTorontoThrowbacks.png

2. I then also made a faux-back for each team. Detroit is based off of the their 1928-29 jersey, but with their classic "Red Wing" sleeves and their 1932-34 logo. Toronto is inspired by their 1927-34 blue jerseys, but with 3 arm stripes to match their sock stripes and only one hem stripe. The logo is a mix of their 1938-63 retro leaf and their T logo from when they were the Arenas.

WCDetroitvsTorontoFauxbacks-1.png

C & C Please.

I love the idea of lines on top back of the leafs but it would probably make the name very hard to read.

An exemple of a good idea that may bring problems for broadcasters.

Other then that, all nice.

Archived