new High school can't use "cougars"

MG helmets

I think cougars, the four legged kind, should be offended to be associated with older women who stretch their skin to near translucence in order to turn the heads of their high school daughter's young male friends. Because, really, the only people going around calling themselves cougars are the wannabe Mrs. Robinsons and soon to be arrested teachers but not women who just happen to date younger dudes.

BTW- I've never dated a women younger than me and none of them resembled the overly tanned succubi who populate the Real Housewives TV shows.

I was joking with some friends the other day that BYU may want to consider getting a new mascot... being affiliated with a generally conservative religious organization and all, but to hear that a school is actually going that route (one in the same state as BYU, no less) is just really sad.

I first saw this on some cheesy site and I honestly did not believe the "offending middle aged women" angle was true. I figured that was the knee jerk "shock value" response and that the real reason was that they did not want a name that could possibly drum up anyone making any sexual references whatsoever (particularly if the school should get a decent looking middle-aged female principle/teacher/coach). That's roughly as stupid a reason, anyway, I suppose.

I guess I cannot speak for all middle-aged single women in Utah, America, the World, but I have a hard time believing that this would offend anyone. And there is still part of me that thinks this may have been more "right wing PC" (the "sexual" angle) than "left wing PC" (oversenstivity), but all reports seem to indicate the latter. Either way this is dumb. A cougar is, first and foremost, an animal that is totally consistent with what schools name themselves. The other definition is essentially slang.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I, and I think most guys have had girlfriends that were described as "wildcats" or "tigers" (especially the red-heads). I guess those names are off the table now. Slang-wise, "Pumas" are cougars-in-training, so I guess that name's no good, either.

Where do we stop?

I, and I think most guys have had girlfriends that were described as "wildcats" or "tigers" (especially the red-heads). I guess those names are off the table now. Slang-wise, "Pumas" are cougars-in-training, so I guess that name's no good, either.

Where do we stop?

Surprised the little people haven't complained about Hurley High School's nickname...

bYhYmxh.png

Archived