Google Sketchup Stadium Contest

GriffinM6

Well, this idea came up to me a while ago. I have google sketchup, and it's so fun to make stadiums on there. I have see some great stadium concepts on here before also, so there are some pretty skilled people on here. I'm hoping to get at least4 people signed up for this, if not enough people enter I will go ahead and enter for another sport besides soccer.. The only reason I won't be entering in other sports besides soccer, is because my skills aren't the best compared to some other people.

Rules

-There will be 4 rounds of competition; sports will be in order, baseball, football, basketball/hockey, and soccer

-No restrictions on what participants use to build stadium. Ex:downloaded seats,pillars, concessions, etc.

-Participants may not use a full stadium that was downloaded.

-Must name the team the stadium would be for, may be real or fictional

-Stadium must have at least one building surrounding the area

-If participants don't want to compete in a round of a certain sport, they aren't required to.

If you guys have any suggestions of more rules, post them here.

Sport

Baseball

Football

Basketball/Hockey

Soccer

1.Griffinmarins

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I've got three stadiums partway done: two baseball, one CFL/soccer/baseball multi-purpose.

The most-complete of the three has probably involved 200+ hours of work, and is about 90% done, with the surrounding blocks about 40% finished in low-detail (more or less coloured shapes of the building, but no details, signs, windows, landscaping, etc...). I have to keep taking breaks, because the effort of scaling 9 real-life blocks of buildings is maddening work. I don't know how miniaturists do it.

I'm up for submitting the other baseball stadium I'm working on now, as I think it's going to be architecturally unique, but I only started it a week ago, and finishing it will take at least another two, with the decorating probably taking a few more days after that. Not a chance I'd enter more than one category, though. But if you;d like, you can list me under baseball.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

better idea, minecraft stadiums! I've got plenty if you want to see them.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

I think this is a great idea, but it's going to take a lot more time than a normal concept competition would on here. I created a new stadium for my Continental League team, and to get it right with three levels, an outfield section, two outfield buildings, a roofette, and a facade took about a month of work. Even then, I saved time by not creating individual seating.

I think this is a great idea, but it's going to take a lot more time than a normal concept competition would on here. I created a new stadium for my Continental League team, and to get it right with three levels, an outfield section, two outfield buildings, a roofette, and a facade took about a month of work. Even then, I saved time by not creating individual seating.

With mine, I built the rows where the seats would sit (so like extended stairs), but could you imagine actually placing tens of thouands of seats? Torture!

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

With mine, I built the rows where the seats would sit (so like extended stairs), but could you imagine actually placing tens of thouands of seats? Torture!

Actually, that's what I meant. I've built a stadium before with rows, and the file grew so big that I couldn't run sketch-up on my computer. It just doesn't work with my old system.

If we're going to go through with this, I wouldn't mind doing it. I'd prefer doing a baseball stadium, but I'm up for whatever challenge my be ahead.

I absolutely LOVE this idea, but I also can agree with the previous posters saying that it would take too long. I haven't done a concept in sketchup yet but I can vouch for them because I understand that kind of program would take FOREVER to make a stadium..

However, I do have an idea that COULD work for this type of contest:

A written proposal.

Basically what we would do is write on how our stadium concept would look and how many seats it would, where it would be located (downtown, country, suburban? etc), what type of features the place would have, and how the stadium would give the team a home field advantage.

You can even throw in some basic drawings (such as layout or stadium features) if you want to or even make a stadium logo.

Judges can base their decision on the realism, creativity, features, etc

How's that?

IowaOaks.png

Archived