2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick Swisher has made two costly misplays in RF tonight.

It's bad enough he can't hit his body weight in the playoffs. He's only in the field because Raul Ibanez is an awful defensive player at this point in his career. If he can't even be decent in RF, then he shouldn't be anywhere near the field. Period.

It's bad enough he can't hit his body weight in the playoffs. He's only in the field because Raul Ibanez is an awful defensive player at this point in his career. If he can't even be decent in RF, then he shouldn't be anywhere near the field. Period.

Swisher was not blame on the Jackson triple play it got caught in the wall

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Swisher was not blame on the Jackson triple play it got caught in the wall

Later that inning, he allowed a soft flare to drop in for a hit that allowed Cabrera to score.

He made one of two enormous miscues there. Either:

1) He should've dove for the ball, if he had already conceded that Cabrera was going to score and was going to toss the ball into second. On that play, Prince Fielder ain't going 1st-to-3rd, so might as well go for it, and if he catches it, it's a DP.

Or

2) Cabrera was at third when Swisher got the ball. Cabrera is slow as dirt. And Swisher was shallow enough that even his noodle arm could've reached the plate. (For reference, Jackson didn't try and score on a fly ball a tad bit deeper to Swish just two batters earlier). He should've tried to cut down the run.

Pick your poison. It was a terrible play, any way you slice it.

spacer.png

So in a way, is Jose Valverde the hero? If he closes the game, Jeter doesn't get hurt.

Honestly though, I think that's the last game he pitches for Detroit. He'll have a mysterious injury that keeps him out for October. Good ridence "Papa Grande".

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Honestly though, I think that's the last game he pitches for Detroit. He'll have a mysterious injury that keeps him out for October. Good ridence "Papa Grande".

This. Jim can be loyal all he wants, but there is no way he can justify putting Valverde back out tomorrow. 7 runs in two playoff games is a joke.

So in a way, is Jose Valverde the hero? If he closes the game, Jeter doesn't get hurt.

That's too ironic. Last year when Buster Posey got hurt, the Giants came back from down 6-2 to tie it in the 9th against the Marlins, and in extra innings he got hurt.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I'm a bit late to post about it, but I'm in as much shock concerning the Cards/Nats Game 5 as anyone else. I leave after Washington goes up 6-0, as I have better things to do than hopelessly hope for St. Louis to rally. On my way back, however, my brother (who also roots for the Cardinals) texts me and tells me that they came back, and just like Game 6 of last year's WS, they take the lead after being a strike away from elimination. This stuff just doesn't happen often, and especially not to the same franchise in consecutive years.

It's a very rough way for the Nationals' season to end, and it reminded me of seeing Tracy McGrady after Game 7 of the 2007 Utah Jazz/Houston Rockets series*: The team I root for won, and in dramatic fashion, but you kinda feel for the opponents. That said, Washington's going to be a good team in years to come, and I always love to see once-terrible teams become relevant.

As for the Cardinals and Giants, the NLCS should be another good series IMO.

*Not to get off on too big a tangent.

As for the ALCS, when the Yankees tied it up in the 9th, I really thought that the game was going to end before extra innings. I'm surprised that Detroit held on after losing momentum that quickly, though I'd wager that losing Jeter didn't help the Yankees' momentum.

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's too ironic. Last year when Buster Posey got hurt, the Giants came back from down 6-2 to tie it in the 9th against the Marlins, and in extra innings he got hurt.

The word you are looking for is "coincidence", Ms. Morisette.

If you are especially bitter towards the Yankees, it is sweet, sweet justice.

Sweet, sweet justice that one of the classiest players in the sport suffered a broken ankle?

Holy delusion. There's no helping you.

Note the conditional statement, "If you are especially bitter towards the Yankees". Now go crawl back into your fetal position. B)

That doesn't justify it.

There's a fine line between being bitter towards the Yankees (which is something I can completely understand), and actually celebrating injuries like this. That's incredibly poor taste. Even other people on this page who hate the Yankees aren't happy to have seen that.

I expect better from Twins fans.

spacer.png

That doesn't justify it.

There's a fine line between being bitter towards the Yankees (which is something I can completely understand), and actually celebrating injuries like this. That's incredibly poor taste. Even other people on this page who hate the Yankees aren't happy to have seen that.

The conditional statement meant that I personally am not happy to see Derek Jeter injured. In fact, I was surprisingly upset when he went down. My statement was more geared towards the most delusional fans out there that take sports way too seriously (Just ask BringBackTheVet ^_^ ). Do you really think that after the backlash from the Matt Cassel incident I would go off and cheer someone's injury?

Twins fans have no beef against Derek Jeter, anyway. We hate A-Rod for 2009 and Mark Teixeira for 2010.

With Jeter done the Yankees are dead meat. $h*t

The Yanks have gotten this far without A-Rod. They can easily do the same without Jeter. Just plug Raul Ibanez at sort and they'll be fine.

6uXNWAo.png

That doesn't justify it.

The conditional statement meant that I personally am not happy to see Derek Jeter injured. In fact, I was surprisingly upset when he went down. My statement was more geared towards the most delusional fans out there that take sports way too seriously (Just ask BringBackTheVet ^_^ ). Do you really think that after the backlash from the Matt Cassel incident I would go off and cheer someone's injury?

Twins fans have no beef against Derek Jeter, anyway. We hate A-Rod for 2009 and Mark Teixeira for 2010.

In that case, I retract what I had to say and issue an apology as well, because my reading comprehension levels are clearly out of whack right now.

Twins fans have always been among the better ones in the sport. They deserve a better team than what they currently have.

spacer.png

Archived