Bears Identity Concept

Steve-O

Good bear, bad bear?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's my latest. It's another concept brewed up from the request thread. Let me know what you think of it! C and C are greatly appreciated. It was fairly fast work so it probably could be improved in tons of areas. Anyways, the request was for a team called the Bears so....

Thanks for your time! -Steve-O

bearsident.gif

someone get this man illustrator STAT!.....man this is such an awesome bear logo..great work..

Athletic Director - NFCA - Missouri State Rancheros - Midwest Conference

The rendering is good, but I'm not digging the porportions of the head... with it being all bottom-heavy, it looks like it should be cartoonish and smoother overall, but the rendering and the overall tone are aggressive. It doesn't feel like it meshes to me.

I do like the wordmark, though. Just take a look at the weight of the "S".... it's a little inconsistant.

The rendering is good, but I'm not digging the porportions of the head... with it being all bottom-heavy, it looks like it should be cartoonish and smoother overall, but the rendering and the overall tone are aggressive. It doesn't feel like it meshes to me.

I do like the wordmark, though. Just take a look at the weight of the "S".... it's a little inconsistant.

I totally understand what you mean about the "S". I didn't really know how to make it look stylish and keep the weight constant. as for the proportions, I see totally what you mean. In cartoons you see the big brute bears with bottom heavy faces but that's pretty much how they are. I originally had the head fixed to the lines of where the black "shading" lines are. It didn't look right so I made it more bottom heavy. Any idea how I could fix it?

Agreed with all above...

The bottom-heaviness makes the forehead look real tall and narrow.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I looks as though the neck is bigger than the head though.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Isn't that the case with some bears? They have tons of neck fat/fur, that it appears that they have a huuuuge neck.

I suppose so but what bear species are you trying to capture within your logo?

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Isn't that the case with some bears? They have tons of neck fat/fur, that it appears that they have a huuuuge neck.

I suppose so but what bear species are you trying to capture within your logo?

The kind with the big necks! :D Actually I wasn't really sure, I just kind of put what came out of my head and what I had envisioned.

bearsidentity.gif

Got the idea for the bottom teeth and the tonguefrom a concept of someone here earlier. I can't remember who made it but it was the "Cougars" and it is primarily red. Anyways, thats where I got the idea for the mouth re-do. I think it looks better.

I like it better. I guess the whole "pixel lines" and jaggedness throws me off. It looks good though.

One more thing......what made you go with green?

Retired Number's To Come

I think if somebody has a request for the Crazy Apes, you have a great logo for that too.

I need to get you the vector draw program that rivals Illustrator and CorelDraw and Paint Shop ------ for $55.00

Then you would conquer the world, O-ster

I think if somebody has a request for the Crazy Apes, you have a great logo for that too.

Yea, I was about to ask if I was the only one who thought this resembled an Aoe mroe than a Bear. Either way, it is a great concept, Bear or Ape. It needs a little work to look like a bear, but its better than anything I could do in Paint (which I think is what you use, correct me if I;m wrong)

Yea, I was about to ask if I was the only one who thought this resembled an Aoe mroe than a Bear. Either way, it is a great concept, Bear or Ape. It needs a little work to look like a bear, but its better than anything I could do in Paint (which I think is what you use, correct me if I;m wrong)

Yeah I use paint. Can you help me out and identify what here looks like an Ape. I really have looked for it and I'm not sure what kind of apes you've seen but not much resembles and Ape to me. Ape's have nostrils kind of like a spaced out cow nose with pushed up wrinkles leading up to it's eyes. Also it have either different colored ears (if we are talking kind of chimp) or ears that aren't visible (if we are talking gorilla). I can't really see where your getting it from. Please help me out so I can correct this.

Archived