2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Sign that tonight may not be the Wild's night: Less than two minutes in, not only have the Sharks already scored, but a few seconds later starting goalie Josh Harding got nearly knocked out by the errant butt-end of a teammate's stick and had to leave the ice.

With Nick Backstrom still out of the lineup with his injury, Matthew Hackett is now in goal for Minnesota, making his NHL debut, fittingly enough, against the franchise whose first starting goalie was his uncle Jeff Hackett.

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Florida isn't allowed to have two good hockey teams at once. The Bolts are kind of really crappy. For all the talk about Steve Yzerman being the best general manager in league history, he sure did put a lot of faith into a journeyman goaltender in his mid-forties, which, if I may be allowed to say so, is stupid.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Patrick, Adams, Norris, Smythe or we riot.

No, we are done honoring owners who spent their careers crushing player rights and resisting expansion.

That's not a bad reason to honor someone in today's NHL...

It is when they objected to taking the league past 6 teams total.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can't believe the NHL is going to be OK with a scenario where you could have an all pacific time zone stanley cup, which I think is possible under this?

Can't be done. Closest team would be Winnipeg or Dallas, and they're not in the Pacific time zone.

Yeah, all the Pacific and Mountain Time Zone teams are grouped together in the same division.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they will bring back the 2-3-2 rule for semifinal/final series between teams across two or more time zones?

CCSLC signature.png

Hmm, I see CC tweeted out my realignment proposal (with logos) I posted on here 4 years ago. Though I came closer in June with the alignment when Atlanta moved.

Still not bad for it being 4 years out, though if I remember correctly that was when Betman first proposed a 4 division format, just with conferences and conference playoffs, when they ended up cutting the divsional games from 8 to 6.

Anyways thanks for the mention CC.

And you know why, of course, Jeff Hackett could never maintain a starting job.

Couldn't hack it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Boudreau gets his first win in Anaheim in spectacular fashion.

Ducks get 2-goal lead for 3rd straight game. Ducks blow 2-goal lead for 3rd straight game. Someone roars: Bobby (Ryan) scores! (with 48 seconds left.) Hiller holds on with 37 saves. Ducks beat LA.

Holy crap, what a game.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Ducks get 2-goal lead for 3rd straight game. Ducks blow 2-goal lead for 3rd straight game. Someone roars: Bobby (Ryan) scores! (with 48 seconds left.) Hiller holds on with 37 saves. Ducks beat LA.

Holy crap, what a game.

Would you consider the Kings to be a pretty big disappointment this year? They have flashes of brilliance, but they're more or less just a .500 team, are they not? People had them winning the Pacific with ease. By "people," I mean "I."

Holy crap, what a game.

Would you consider the Kings to be a pretty big disappointment this year? They have flashes of brilliance, but they're more or less just a .500 team, are they not? People had them winning the Pacific with ease. By "people," I mean "I."

I would. I mean they're still in 8th and three points out of the division lead/3rd place ( :censored: ing PHOENIX. I mean really... REALLY?), but they should be a lot better than they are. Quick/Kopitar/Richards have been awesome, Williams has a bunch of assists, but everyone else isn't really pulling their weight. Speaking of weight, Dustin Penner has lost any skill he had. He had an assist tonight, but he has one goal and 3 assists this season. They still lack the scoring that they've been seeking so desperately. As a team they're last in goals per game and only +1 in goal differential. Defensively, they're 4th in goals against per game, but I'd attribute that to Quick. Jack Johnson and Doughty have been very underwhelming.

There's still a bunch of season to go, but I thought the Kings would be a lot better at this point yeah. Same with the Sharks, but with the Sharks it's different expectations now. Like the Capitals, I could care less about their regular seasons, they need playoff wins. The Kings haven't shown me anything more than they did last year, which was barely enough to get into the Western Conference playoff mush.

( :censored: ing PHOENIX. I mean really... REALLY?)

I had the Coyotes finishing 14th based on the faulty premise that the National Hockey League still believed in calling obstruction penalties. OOPS!

( :censored: ing PHOENIX. I mean really... REALLY?)

I had the Coyotes finishing 14th based on the faulty premise that the National Hockey League still believed in calling obstruction penalties. OOPS!

I watched them get shut down in Winnipeg. I was in the building as they got shredded by Philly, but those are sandwhiched by wins in Chicago. They prevailed in Trapfest 2012 in Nashville tonight.

Living in Phoenix, I've watched a good portion of their games, and strangely they actually get a lot of play on talk radio, but I just can't figure them out. Some nights they're just shut down and chopped up, others they're a Scrappy-Bunch-Of-GuysTM, then others they piece together a perfect hockey game and dominate.

How do you say "enigma" in French?

It's a flaw of either the league or the game of hockey itself that blatant paper tigers like the Coyotes are allowed to be where they are in the standings. A team whose best scorers are Ray Whitney and Radim Vrbata should be locked in the cellar, but they're able to steal games by doing the sort of clutch-and-grab crap that almost put the league out of business. A "scrappy bunch of guys" in the NBA is an 18-win team, and that's the way it ought to be. Elite teams should have elite players.

I'll never forget opening night, Sharks vs Coyotes. The Yotes got absolutely shredded, giving up 6 goals on 52 shots. The final score was 6-3 Sharks because of 2 5-on-3 goals for Phoenix. All of a sudden, it's like they're in first. I don't know what to say anymore.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived