Jaguar Logo

hettinger_rl

With all the talk about the Jaguars getting new unis again and with Carolina (a team that came to the NFL the same year as Jax) getting a tweaked logo; I thought I'd try to tweak Jacksonville's logo to make it more"jaguaresque." When I was done though it seemed to deviate far enough from the original Jax logo to stand by itself (IMO) as a decent logo. To me, it would work well as an IUPUI or Southern Alabama. It is only drawn (as most of my work is) but C&C is appreciated.

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

To Compare:

eakbhfhxnv31fffgnct3ltlrd.gif

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Improvement, but needs to be cleaned up a bit more.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

U need to fix the spots. The main visual difference between a jaguar and a leapord is leopards have traditional dot spots whereas jaguars have sort of bullseye spots of large circles or "c"s with 1 small spot inside it. It's not so prominent on the face as it is on the body but you can see jacksonville made an attempt at putting those signature jaguar spots on their logo. So try fixing the spots and it would improve the logo a lot.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I see what you're saying about the spots. But like you also said, they aren't prominent on the head. Also, I've always disliked the "cheetos" on the Jax head. In a full body logo or if using the pattern on jerseys I would absolutely go with jag body pattern.

The only complaint I hear consistently about the current jag head is that the logo has too much going on and should be simplified. Is there a way that you could take this logo and simplify it a little bit?

I'd say thats just the nature of the beast. A jaguar has a lot going on. There is one example of when a jaguar can be "simple" though.

Black_Panther.jpg

But I think Carolins would have a beef with this jaguar. ^_^

in my opinion, the strength of the current jags logo is the weakness of this logo - the current jags logo manages to very simply convey strength, speed and motion all while pretty successfully reducing the complexity of the pattern to something that is acceptable - this logo only conveys strength and the spot pattern overwhelms the rest of the design - it's a good start and basis, but not all the way there yet...

jldesigns404eo.png

The full-body cat looks awesome! I agree with you about the spots looking good on a helmet; it might be cool to have the full jaguar on the uniform, and have a logo-less helmet a la the Bengals with just the pattern. It would also solve the problem with the less-strong head-only logo by relegating it to only being used for merchandise and whatnot, and not at all on the actual uniforms.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The full-body cat looks awesome! I agree with you about the spots looking good on a helmet; it might be cool to have the full jaguar on the uniform, and have a logo-less helmet a la the Bengals with just the pattern. It would also solve the problem with the less-strong head-only logo by relegating it to only being used for merchandise and whatnot, and not at all on the actual uniforms.

agreed!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived