Phila. Wings putting Twitter handles on jerseys

BBTV

They're going to auction the jerseys off for cancer research afterward, but I'm not sure what the market could possibly be for these. It's not their regular jersey, which is silver, black, and red.

20120210_inq_wings10-a.JPG

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/wings/20120210_Wings_to_ditch_names_in_favor_of_Twitter_handles_on_jerseys.html

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How many times must it be beaten into user's heads that specific uniform related news can be given it's own thread instead of dumped on page 35 of 128 of a "Discussion" thread?

As for the jerseys, "meh". I still don't can't figure out why even minor league franchises can't pull off jerseys for special occasions in a tasteful manner...

Also, is there a need to jump down someone's throat because you believe it's already been talked about? I barely go in a megathread because it's 90% crap. Give your opinion about the jersey, stay in the backseat and let the mods do their thing.

I don't mind a one off jersey like this. It's for charity, and gives publicity to a league and the players who probably rarely get any. With that said, keep this cutesy kind of thing out of the big 4.

How many times must it be beaten into user's heads that specific uniform related news can be given it's own thread instead of dumped on page 35 of 128 of a "Discussion" thread?

As for the jerseys, "meh". I still don't can't figure out why even minor league franchises can't pull off jerseys for special occasions in a tasteful manner...

Also, is there a need to jump down someone's throat because you believe it's already been talked about? I barely go in a megathread because it's 90% crap. Give your opinion about the jersey, stay in the backseat and let the mods do their thing.

I don't mind a one off jersey like this. It's for charity, and gives publicity to a league and the players who probably rarely get any. With that said, keep this cutesy kind of thing out of the big 4.

Besides, I think using Twitter handles as a NOB on a jersey transcends just the NLL thread that most people would usually ignore. This could have universal implications.

Anyway, who's the idiot - me for posting something that was posted in a lacrosse thread, or the jackass who bumped this from page 3 (possibly 4) just to make sure I knew, even though it had obviously already been ignored by anyone who cared?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Besides, I think using Twitter handles as a NOB on a jersey transcends just the NLL thread that most people would usually ignore. This could have universal implications.

Agreed. Thanks for posting this. I had zero interest in reading an NLL jersey megathread, but I do find this interesting. I had no idea teams were experimenting with this.

Honestly, I think it's brilliant. It's the 21st century version of the kid sitting in the stands with his program, reading about the players he sees on the field/ice/court/pitch. I'd like to see the actual name on there still if a team did this full-time. I know you'd be cluttering things up, but maybe real name above the number and twitter handle below would work?

The other thing I wonder is are these the players' personal accounts? Are there players who have a personal twitter page and a "team-approved" twitter page?

Why does your pic reference Bret Hart and Montreal? It's like saying 'I hate everything about Boston, including Brett Farve'.

Anyways, I like this idea, as a one off thing.

Why does your pic reference Bret Hart and Montreal? It's like saying 'I hate everything about Boston, including Brett Farve'.

No, not really.

Archived