lancealot concepts

lancealot

ok so i started this topic to keep track of my concepts.

this first one is inspired by Gfonk04 's tailhook soccer concepts, its based of off the VFA-41 'black aces' fighter squad i used their spade and stripe crest edited the text and merged it with camo. for the uniform i went with camo pants with the pant stripe and the helmet stripe replicating the flight helmets, with the last spade on the helmet containing the players number (and yes i did do the stripe down the face mask cause i think it looks awesome), the sleves feature a diagonal stripe with a spade with #41 inside which is also on the under shirt. underneath the front numbers there is a sublimated spade

pxinu.png

this is just for experimental purposes and to improve my skills but c&c would be greattoothless.gif

Hey Lancealot! Nice start on this one, but there are a few things to work on.

I agree with the folks saying that the cammo is a bit too much. And if you want to get super technical, that's US Air Force cammo, and the Black Aces are a Navy squadron. But regardless, I think plain white would work much better.

Also, I think you've overdone it a little with the spade with the 41 in it. One reason I removed the 41 from my concept is that in a sports concept it becomes confusing. What does number 23 wear on his jersey? A spade with a 23 in it? Or still 41? Drop the number unless your idea is to have the whole team wear number 41.

I'd drop one of the spades on the sleeve or cuff. Just one on the arm would work fine. Also, if you keep the one on the jersey sleeve, make it slant from back to front, not front to back, then it would look like the actual paint job on their aircraft.

Speaking of aircraft, my last point is about the jet you included on the pants and helmet. It looks like you used a Su-27 "Flanker" silhouette, which is a Russian-built jet that the Black Aces have never flown (and never will, considering where it comes from). It also looks like you used a photo with a little angle to it, because I can see the outline of the jet's tail fin, along with some other small details that tell me that the phot was of an aircraft in a slight turn. If you want to use a jet (although I don't think you need it), use one of the Aces' former jets:

Vought F4U Corsair

McDonnell Douglas F2H Banshee

McDonnell Douglas F3H Demon

McDonnell Douglas F-4N Phantom II

Grumman F-14A Tomcat

Boeing FA-18F Super Hornet

This site (http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw_fn.html) has some great drawings of each of those planes that you can start with. The drawings will give you a perfect outline of the jet from directly above or below. It's in Russian, but if you click the US flag on top, you should get to an English listing of American planes, including the ones mentioned above (except the Super Hornet, which you can find here: http://www.aviastar.org/air/usa/mcdonnel_superhornet.php

Overall, though, it's a nice start! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Grunge-Logos.png

update 1:

so i got rid of the camo, lost the numbers on the spades, lost the spade on the under shirt. got rid of all the aces on the helmet besides the one containing the player number and changed the jet on the helmet

M8eK2.png

ok so my school is in the second year of having a hockey program and i really hate the jerseys and the logos

Titans-team-Sept-2011.jpg

Temple-Titans.jpg

the uniforms aren't that bad but i absolutely hate that logo, its just stupid so i decided to start with the logo here is my first attempt, it seems to me more like a shoulder patch rather then a primary but here it is anyway

1uqyg.png

and a coloured version and the same one with an outline

SU7Dv.pngj4Rq3.png

any c&c will be appreciated

Wyten out :D

• 2 weeks later...

so i had an idea, if Nike endorsed super heroes what would they look like? i think it turned out pretty well but i would love to hear your thoughts.

so first up the cap, captain america

ekYio.jpg

wyten out :D

This is a great idea, but I am a little confused by the execution. Reading the thread title, I thought the actual superhero costumes would be changed, which is an absolutely genius concept. Corporate sponsorship (and potentially co-option) of superheroes is such a good metaphor for our current corporatist culture and would be a great idea to pursue in a superhero comic movie.

But it makes no sense with football uniforms.

A. Superheroes are not football players.

B. Football teams require at least 11 players. Would the superhero hire 10 other guys to be his teammates and then outfit them in his signiture look?

Hockey logo looks pretty great!

Yeah it was kind of just a muck around idea while I had nothing to do the title really should have been super heroes wearing football uniforms but I like your idea a lot better so I'll give that a go. Walkerws that's exactly what I thought when new_member mention copper ate sponsorship haha.

I never heard of that movie, I'll have to see it. I was thinking of going the Nike/NCAA route rather than the NASCAR one, but either makes for a good concept series. The subtle altering of an iconic costume like Superman by Nike (or having a "pro combat" superhero series) would be more insidious to me than the corporate sponsorship from Mystery Men.

Yeah that's more of what I was thinking, but might as well do both pro combat heroes with corporate sponsers.

If anyone has or could make a psd template of a person wearing longs leve compression shirt and pants with Nike gloves and shoes it would help with this a lot :)

Wyten out

ok so i couldn't find a template of what i wanted or anything similar, so im giving up on the super hero thing (for now)

ok this is my first baseball concept so its gonna need some work, but here it is an early 90's fauxback alt uniform for the A's.

i basically used their black cap added a yellow bill, used the elephant with crossed bats on the chest and their primary as a sleve patch on a green uni with black yellow black piping. black pants with yellow green yellow piping and yellow socks with green stirrups.let me know what you think

M5hsy.jpg

(credit to TimEOBrien for the awesome template)

wyten out toothless.gif

Archived