New orleans? hockey concept...

sc49erfan15

I found this logo hanging around in my files, and thought it might work for a jersey. I think it's from a Finnish hockey or soccer team because the name was "Jokerit_Helsinki". Anyway, I swiped a generic jersey, slapped some stripes and numbers on it, changed the colors and added some letters, and this is what I came up with. I think I'm breaking a hockey tradition on the front of the jersey, I don't think I've seen a hockey jersey with these on the front, look to see what the heck I'm rambling about!  :laugh:

Copy & Paste

I don't even have a name or a city for the team yet. With all the New Orleans concepts floating around, I might end up with something like "New Orleans Jesters" or "Jokers" but I want to be at least semi-original.  :D

Commets, please...Thanks!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Nice. Jokerit is a Swedish hockey team.  Never been a fan of Montreal-esque body stripes.  You have the arm length stripes, the body stripe, and the waist stripe, I think one should go.  Personally I'd nix the body stripe.  As is, too many stripes.  i like the numbers in the corner as long as it stays in Europe. Somethings, like jerseys covered in ads, should just stay in Europe. I don't want it in the NHL or anything like that.  The Newcastle(England) Jesters use the same colors but have a fiercer logo.  Check it out in hockeydatabase.

I think I'm breaking a hockey tradition on the front of the jersey, I don't think I've seen a hockey jersey with these on the front, look to see what the heck I'm rambling about!  

Very cool design!  The colors make me think of Germany, and not Finland, though...

The thing with the numbers on the front has been done before.  Three examples come to mind:

WHA - Chicago Cougars - 1972/73 to 1974/75

1972/73 Cougars road jersey (Dropthepucks.com)

IHL - Quebec Rafales - mid 1990's

1996/97 Rafales home jersey (Dropthepucks.com)

NHL - All-Star Jerseys - 1999/2000 to current

But even though it's been done before, I still think it looks good on your concept!  :)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Finnished  :laugh: (ok that was lame..) 2 more designs with the Jokerit logo. I killed the body

stripes on these two just to see how it would come out...but I kinda like the stripes. What do you guys think on these two, stripes or no stripes?

Copy & Paste...and imagine that underarm part is colored, lol

Copy & Paste

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived