Band logo

WNDUP FX

Help me decide on a logo for my musical project  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been playing music for almost a decade, recording for close to 8 and realized a few weeks ago that since my last band broke up and reformed, I haven't had a logo, relying mostly on wordmarks for advertising gigs. I play both keyboards and guitar in the most recent of projects and wanted a logo that would bring that message across.

Below are two very similar logos that I have narrowed down, one with just a slight variation. In logo 1 the black and white areas on the W create what I hope looks like piano keys. In logo two I've added guitar strings between the extensions on the F. My initial thought is that it may be a bit too obvious, but I'm willing to listen to feedback.

Thanks

Logo 1

windupfoxwhite.png

Logo 2

windupfox01.png

I think y'all are reaching with the MW comparison. That logo is shaded and has sort of a mirror bevel thing going on. I see nothing like that with WNDUP's submissions. I agree the piano thing doesn't work in this case.

newsig.jpg

I'm a 20-year piano veteran (check my username ;) ) and even I didn't realize there was a piano in the "M" until about 5 minutes later.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

It's the new Mountain West Conference logo, and to be honest, that's what I first thought of too.

I was thinking the Doctor Who logo actually haha, which has a very similar look to the Mountain West logo:

dr_who_logo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What throws it off most for me is how everything is angled to match the perspective of looking at the shape, except for the part of the "F" that goes horizontal.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived