Ndfreek12's MLB Redesign

Ndfreek12

Baseball season is back (GO WHITE SOX)! And to commemorate the return of my favorite sport, I'm redesigning the prestigious MLB! I figure that THIS WILL BE MY FIRST REAL POST!!!!!! I've made others in the past, but never did much with them, but I want to start taking C&C on this. So fire away.

AL EAST

Baltimore Orioles

Tampa Bay Rays

Toronto Blue Jays

Boston Red Sox

New York Yankees

AL CENTRAL

Cleveland Indians

Minnesota Twins

Chicago White Sox

Kansas City Royals

Detroit Tigers

AL WEST

Los Angeles Angels

Seattle Mariners

Texas Rangers

Oakland A's

NL EAST

New York Mets

Miami Marlins

Philadelphia Phillies

Atlanta Braves

Washington Nationals

NL CENTRAL

Chicago Cubs

Pittsburgh Pirates

Houston Astros

St. Louis Cardinals

Milwaukee Brewers

Cincinnati Reds

NL WEST

Sam Diego Padres

San Francisco Giants

Arizona Diamondbacks

Colorado Rockies

BONUS TEAMS

Montreal Expos

Champs-3.pngAppreciatethegame.png

"My name is Ignatius Peabody Nobel from East Westerton, Missouri.and this is my friend, um, Ted"

Baltimore Orioles

When Baltimore announced that they were returning the cartoon bird, I couldn't be more happy. This was my favorite logo, I remember playing on the O's for little league. We actually got the throwback hats, I loved it so much. Plus one of my favorite players is on the O's, Brian Roberts. So, to spread my appreciation for the logo & Roberts, I plastered the logo everywhere I could, and put him on the jerseys! Take a look.

Oshatlogo.png

"My name is Ignatius Peabody Nobel from East Westerton, Missouri.and this is my friend, um, Ted"

Hello, welcome to the boards! I think it's great that we now have about 5 MLB Series that are active. I'll be following this series closely.

For the Orioles, the logos are fine, but the uniforms need a little work. On all of the uniforms, you have orange piping on the pants, but no piping on the jerseys. The front numbers are too small on the jerseys. I might like the socks but I can't tell what the piping is because its too pixelated. I'll send you some PM on how to fix that(I had the same problems when I started out). Also, check the underside of the back collar on the alternate jersey. It's white while the rest of the jerseys is orange. Don't forget to fill them in too because you'll get chewed up on here for the lack of attention to detail.

Overall, I would rather take their current set in real life over these. That's ok though, you just started out. Can't wait for more.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Hello, welcome to the boards! I think it's great that we now have about 5 MLB Series that are active. I'll be following this series closely.

For the Orioles, the logos are fine, but the uniforms need a little work. On all of the uniforms, you have orange piping on the pants, but no piping on the jerseys. The front numbers are too small on the jerseys. I might like the socks but I can't tell what the piping is because its too pixelated. I'll send you some PM on how to fix that(I had the same problems when I started out). Also, check the underside of the back collar on the alternate jersey. It's white while the rest of the jerseys is orange. Don't forget to fill them in too because you'll get chewed up on here for the lack of attention to detail.

Overall, I would rather take their current set in real life over these. That's ok though, you just started out. Can't wait for more.

Thanks! I couldn't tell how big to make the numbers, once I made them too big, and it didn't go over well. I'll work on the piping later today or just get rid of it.

While I work on the Orioles, here's the Rays.

Tampa Bay Rays

I wanted to return the Rays back to their old image. Not that stupid "rays of sun" thing they have going now, the classic Devil Ray. I was thinking of putting gradient in there but I decided not to. The Rays still look iconic in this concept, to me atleast, because of their colors. Because, you know, screw traditional colors.

TampaBayUniforms.png

These are pretty nice as well, my friend. However, some minor tips. I would make the piping on the jerseys thinner, because they are pretty bulky right now. You could add piping on the pants, that would look nice. Finally, make some contrast on the hat and the alt, because dark navy on black will be pretty difficult to read. (You may want a different jersey temp for the alt.) I'm really impressed with the way you've started this series. Good job!

spacer.png

I'll try to edit all the others after my lax practice today... (sad, I know.)

Toronto Blue Jays

Not much to change, if they had the logo they had last year, I would redo all of it. But, they have a decent logo and jersey set now, so I won't fix it if it ain't broken.

TorontoUniforms.png

**********UPDATES**********

Orioles

Attempted to remove pixels from sock piping, filled in blank spaces, added side piping to the jerseys.

Oshatlogo.png

Rays

Made piping smaller, outlined logo on alts, made hats a lighter shade of black, and added a green brim.

TampaBayUniforms.png

Blue Jays

Added white front panel.

TorontoUniforms.png

This has around 1154 views and only 8 replies?!?! C'mon people! Well I don't want to be that guy to bump something so I'll post my Red Sawx concept.

Boston Red Sox

I did the cliche turn Boston from red/blue to red/green thing. I wasn't going to but I thought more and more and thought not only of the green monster, but of Boston's Irish heritage. It seemed like a good fit. I made the homes cream because the Red Sox & Yankees always make me think of old time baseball, the days of Joltin' Joe DiMaggio and Ted Williams with his .400 batting average. I always think of cream as being a color they would use during that time.

BostonUniforms.png

This has around 1154 views and only 8 replies?!?! C'mon people! Well I don't want to be that guy to bump something so I'll post my Red Sawx concept.

Boston Red Sox

I did the cliche turn Boston from red/blue to red/green thing. I wasn't going to but I thought more and more and thought not only of the green monster, but of Boston's Irish heritage. It seemed like a good fit. I made the homes cream because the Red Sox & Yankees always make me think of old time baseball, the days of Joltin' Joe DiMaggio and Ted Williams with his .400 batting average. I always think of cream as being a color they would use during that time.

BostonUniforms.png

I know I only have 4 comments on my NFL redesign! I'm not crazy about the lack of piping or the cream home jersey. The Sox logo on the alt is too big.

Yeah, I don't like the cream and the lack of striping on the home. The green-wordmarked road uniform looks worse than the blue-wordmarked one IMO, and I'm one of that uniform's most unabashed defenders.

spacer.png

Clean up your presentation more just because you use paint is a poor excuse for putting out such low quality work..

Baltimore: Nothing terribly to groundbreaking here, but white socks? Not a fan. You have a fantastic primary logo to use on the sleeve but you use a plain circle with an O. Poor work. D+

Tampa Bay: Way to go back to the Devil Ray colors, however, you are using the lime green to much IMO. Make the stripes on the sleeves solid black (or purple) or replace the lime green with purple, move them closer to the cuff (ie: Chicago White Sox grays).. The black alt will be hard to read as well. D+

Toronto: Gray belt on the road, stirups on the away jersey only, royal blue belt with navy socks on the alt, plain jerseys? Not much good to say about this one, once again don't rush your concepts take your time. F

Boston: Fonts are to big on the front of all the jerseys and the logo on the green jersey is way to big. Those stirrups look god awful. The alternate is probably the best of the bunch, maybe try and green hat with a red bill for it? C-

Go back try again and work on having crisp designs.

-C2

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

IMO it would look better with an alot darker green. And as mentioned above the word mark on the jerseys look way too big :)

any better?

BostonUniforms.png

still need to edit hats, but I'm going to wait for C&C on the hats I made.

Looks nice.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived