WSE's World Soccer Concepts

WarSlamEagle

New guy on here (shoutout to GeauxColonels for showing me this place), and I've thoroughly enjoyed my short time here so far.

I recently starting making soccer kits for a contest that's connected to the great Football Manager 12 PC game.

I'm just getting my feet wet with the templates and trying not to go with a full-on rebrand. Here's what I've completed so far (also located in my signature)...

Queens Park Rangers (English Premier League)

QPR-Home.pngQPR-Road.pngQPR-Third.png

Vancouver Whitecaps FC (Major League Soccer)

Vancouver-Home.pngVancouver-Road.png

Vancouver-Road.pngQPR-Home.pngVancouver-Home.pngQPR-Road.png

The only trouble with the Whitecaps branding is that the term "whitecaps" refers to ocean waves, not snowcaps. The Whitecaps' current logo, at least in my mind, always looked like ocean waves approaching the mountains.

rATMcmK.png

The only trouble with the Whitecaps branding is that the term "whitecaps" refers to ocean waves, not snowcaps. The Whitecaps' current logo, at least in my mind, always looked like ocean waves approaching the mountains.

According to Wikipedia, the team name refers to both "snowcapped mountains and white-crested waves".

Tweaked Newcastle United's look, added a light blue accent (from their logo) to a skinnier-striped, solid shoulder style. Still knocking around ideas for a road and/or third kit, considering the club has used dozens of different colors and styles for their road kits all-time.

Newcastle United (English Premier League)

Newcastle-Home.pngNewcastle-Road.pngNewcastle-Third.png

If anyone's got any ideas for a road or third kit, let me hear 'em...also comments on the above redesign!

I love the whitecaps jersey. The sublimated pattern was perfect for me. If they wore that and I were a fan of the team I'd buy it in a second. But the addition of the light blue on to the jersey isn't doing it for me. It throws off the balance of the jersey.

Manchester-City-icon.png

I love the whitecaps jersey. The sublimated pattern was perfect for me. If they wore that and I were a fan of the team I'd buy it in a second. But the addition of the light blue on to the jersey isn't doing it for me. It throws off the balance of the jersey.

Are you referring to the 'Caps jersey or the Newcastle one?

I like Newcastle. I like all of them. The only critique of Newcastle is that the light blue isn't there enough, almost. It's only seen at the very top, and very sparingly. Perhaps a small light blue accent at the bottom, perhaps a colored hemline, wuld bring it all together.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Tweaked Newcastle United's look, added a light blue accent (from their logo) to a skinnier-striped, solid shoulder style. Still knocking around ideas for a road and/or third kit, considering the club has used dozens of different colors and styles for their road kits all-time.

Newcastle United (English Premier League)

Newcastle-Home.png

If anyone's got any ideas for a road or third kit, let me hear 'em...also comments on the above redesign!

Love it. The blue could have ruined the kit but you were pretty reserved in your use. I like the idea of a blue away kit. One thing you accomplished was making the sponsor logo fit in so much better than the current kit. Well done.

gYH2mW9.png

I like what you've done with Newcastle except for the light blue accents on the home kit...gotta keep the tradition of black/white stripes only. Those 1999-2001 Adidas kits with the royal accents were subtle but threw off the whole kit IMO.

Great work with the rest of the kits!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I like what you've done with Newcastle except for the light blue accents on the home kit...gotta keep the tradition of black/white stripes only. Those 1999-2001 Adidas kits with the royal accents were subtle but threw off the whole kit IMO.

Great work with the rest of the kits!

Had to change it up somehow, subtly. Thanks for the feedback!

You need to change the colour of the Puma logo on the away shirt if we're being realistic here.

A black cat is the symbol and nickname of Newcastle's local and bitterest rivals Sunderland, so having a black cat on the shirt wouldn't got down well.

As AJM said also their is too much blue, you need to try and use it a bit more sparingly.

You also might want to take a look at your QPR third shirt, you've got a stroke layer that's gone for a wander.

You need to change the colour of the Puma logo on the away shirt if we're being realistic here.

A black cat is the symbol and nickname of Newcastle's local and bitterest rivals Sunderland, so having a black cat on the shirt wouldn't got down well.

As AJM said also their is too much blue, you need to try and use it a bit more sparingly.

You also might want to take a look at your QPR third shirt, you've got a stroke layer that's gone for a wander.

Thanks for the feedback, fixed the QPR third shirt...but I'm not going to tweak my Newcastle design any more. The blue is what makes the kit stand out from any other Newcastle ones, and I wanted that to be my main design change in this set. As for the black cat...I would change it, but there's not a good color to change it to without throwing off the entire road kit (besides taking away the blue altogether, which I am not going to do).

Again, thanks for the constructive criticism, but I'm pretty happy about the way these turned out, and I don't like the idea of changing the blue. But thanks for your keen eye on that QPR third...don't know what happened there.

Archived