Saw something interesting....

habsfannova

there will be no change to blue and gold next year. the new ownership is trying to do things right, and he knows that the nhl is busy enough and should not be worried with a teams color change. (although is it really that hard for the nhl to decide on a color change for a team)

signature.gif

yeah, I think it's just to get rid of some stuff. Doesn't really mean anything. The owner said that the reason he wasn't pushing the color change was that the NHL had too much on their hands, but that sounds a little suspect to me. My guess would be that they were planning to switch but couldn't decide between certain concepts and wanted to wait and think or that they just got started too late to switch this year. It also might be a bad idea to introduce new jerseys for a season that may not happen. It figures sales on new merch would take a hit as opposed to if they were introduced for a season that will happen.

Since Reebok bought out The Hockey Company, maybe next season teams will have the Reebok vector on their uniforms instead of CCM/Koho. So the teams will mark down the merchandise knowing the jerseys will have different trademarks on them next season.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

REEBOK?!?!??? :cursing: thats not cool...it should be a HOCKEY company doing jerseys...this is gonna ruin hockey jerseys

also all some of the penguins jerseys are on sale and all of the capitals jerseys are on sale too...return of red white and blue???

now that we know Reebok is entering the fray, that makes sense why

the Sabres backed off for a year. Knowing Reebok was taking over it would

not have given them enough lead time to get the product ready for

retial or on-ice. And don't ask "how hard can it be?" trust me it's not

as simple as silscreening a few t-shirts, there's legal ramifications, licensing etc...

Why all the stuff is on sale? out with the old and in with the new simple as that.

But it's magnified now that there's new licensee taking over, it's full on retail enema.

Since Reebok bought out The Hockey Company, maybe next season teams will have the Reebok vector on their uniforms instead of CCM/Koho. So the teams will mark down the merchandise knowing the jerseys will have different trademarks on them next season.

Actually, next season all of the NHL jerseys will be branded with CCM. The Hockey Company felt they were 'over-branding' Koho by having their mark on all the coloured jerseys.

REEBOK?!?!??? :cursing: thats not cool...it should be a HOCKEY company doing jerseys...this is gonna ruin hockey jerseys

This is no different than when Nike started putting its brand on all things hockey, and most other athletic equipment in general. Nike kept Bauer on Bauer's products, but replaced the Cooper name with its own. It was very weird to see the Nike swoosh on a pair of hockey skates. They make running shoes, what do they know about ice? I guess Nike did have some hockey history, didn't they brand all the Oilers jerseys during the 80s dynasty years?

And if Reaper is correct, CCM will still be on the jerseys, and I guess all other CCM equipment. But Reebok has the money to put out more merchandise than CCM/Koho does by itself.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This is also the case in San Jose's NHL.com shop. Sharks road and thirds are discounted too.

I hope Reebok isn't in the NHL frey. The stuff in the NFL collection has been EH! at the most.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I personally would like to see the Reebok brand on NHL jerseys. I am not a fan of Reebok in any way, and as a huge hockey fan, I appreciate having a canadian brand on the uniforms, and I think it is cool how CCM means so much to hockey fans but nothing to anyone else.

However, as a hockey fan, I think it may add some legitimacy to the sport by having a universally recognized brand producing the jerseys. It looks kind of silly when you see a "Lee Sport" (or other cheesey brand name) logo on a bush league jersey, and the current CCM / KOHO patch on the back could be viewed as bush league advertising by a non-hardcore hockey fan. The Reebok logo wouldn't come off as advertising (even though it really is), and could make people realize that hockey is a legitimate sport, as legitimate as football and basketball.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived