Buffalo Sabres Logo refresh

undead

I decided to try my hand at updating the Sabres Primary logo. I wanted to put more emphasis on the swords so I made the Sabres bigger and the Buffalo smaller. I tried to modernize the buffalo in the same way the Detroit Lions recently modernized their logo. The swords are drawn from scratch(not using any of the Sabres past swords). The idea has been done a million times before but I wanted to try it too.

BuffaloSabresccslpresentation.png

What the Sabres use now for comparison:

buffalosabres.gif

C+C if you wish.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

The Buffalo looks very robotic. It doesn't seem to have much flow.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

cool update but something about the buffalo looks off.

the hand guards on the swords look way too blown out. tone it down a little.

also, the yellow circle looks more like a bull nose ring. keep it traditional.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I'm not really feeling the rendering of the sabre handles. It's a little too jagged (and cartoonish for lack of better term) for my liking. Especially since the rest of the redesign revolves around making the different parts more "sleek".

The outline around the blade where it goes off of the circle seems slightly off too.

Other than that, great job on this! A definite improvement.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Archived