Global Baseball League

Philsphan

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump. Any comments on the Tijuana hats? What should I do? @McCFred, the Reds are named after Cuba's communist history, if that's what you are asking.

Do whatever feels right for you. Personally I like the one you originally had, but I think you should get another concept up if you have one ready just to get interest back up again. The original one is very nice, I would keep that and use the white one as an alternate cap.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

OK. I am still trying to decide on the Tijuana hats. Im keeping the home and away the same, but I might be changing the alt. In the mean time, here's the next team.

The Coudad Juarez Rattlers were formed in 2037 despite concerns about the safety of Ciudad Juarez. Ciudad Juarez, a city across the Rio Grande river, and therefore the US-Mexican border from El Paso, has long been plagued by gang violence. The GBL hoped that bringing a baseball team to the city would keep people off the streets and that the team would act as a charity organization. It has worked. Ciudad Juarez has a very passionate fan base and they have even made it easier for Americans in El Paso to come and root for the Rattlers too. Gang violence has dropped dramatically over the past 5 years and city officials estimate that by 2050, gang violence will be almost non exsistent. The Rattlers have probably the most unique striping pattern in the league that it supposed to look like a snake. C&C please.

Here's the new version.

CiudadJuarezRattlers-1.png

This is a great concept. I love the whole idea of the concept with the snake patterns. The alternate jersey looks especially good, and the hats are also great. Two suggestions.

- Simplify the script on the away jersey. The presence of the snake on the script makes the jersey too busy IMO with the patterns and all. Take the snake off that script and you got a winner,

- On the home jersey, switch the snake striping to green and black instead of yellow and black, because I think the yellow and black says "bumblebee" and the green and black is more subtle and snakelike.

Other than those 2 things, great job. Hope this helps!

Cohenj.png

This is a great concept. I love the whole idea of the concept with the snake patterns. The alternate jersey looks especially good, and the hats are also great. Two suggestions.

- Simplify the script on the away jersey. The presence of the snake on the script makes the jersey too busy IMO with the patterns and all. Take the snake off that script and you got a winner,

- On the home jersey, switch the snake striping to green and black instead of yellow and black, because I think the yellow and black says "bumblebee" and the green and black is more subtle and snakelike.

I will definitely take away the snake in the away. With regards to the home jersey, I'm probably going to change the striping to gold and brown. Thanks for the C&C as always.

I will definitely take away the snake in the away. With regards to the home jersey, I'm probably going to change the striping to gold and brown. Thanks for the C&C as always.

That's good too. I just thought yellow and black was too loud. Looking forward to more!

Cohenj.png

I love the whole idea of the concept with the snake patterns.

I'm not feeling the striping, it just looks too loud for a baseball uniform.

What do you guys think? As the designer, I am biased towards the snake striping, but if you guys agree with Whittier, then I'll redo it. If the problem with the striping is the "loudness" the new version I just made (but did not post yet) with gold instead of yellow on the home stripes looks much less loud. Hopefully I'll be able to post it tonight, but I have to re set up my scanner. Also, I decided to use the cream hat for the Matadors alt and if I can't get those two updates posted, I'll post San Antonio.

Part of the problem with the striping is that it's *everywhere*--side inserts on both jersey and pants, AND the cuffs, AND the shoulder, AND the collar. If you want to keep the striping, I'd just have it go down the sides, maybe even just on the jersey. I still think it would do better without, but if you insist, use it as an accent, not as a dominant feature.

rATMcmK.png

Part of the problem with the striping is that it's *everywhere*--side inserts on both jersey and pants, AND the cuffs, AND the shoulder, AND the collar. If you want to keep the striping, I'd just have it go down the sides, maybe even just on the jersey. I still think it would do better without, but if you insist, use it as an accent, not as a dominant feature.

This might be a good compromise. I would keep it on the pants too, but I think that leaves what you and I think is a good idea without having it be overkill. I think this is a good suggestion.

Cohenj.png

For Tijuana, I changed the alt hat.

TijuanaMatadors2.png

And for Ciudad Juarez, I did a lot. But, I did it before the last two comments were posted. I'll be willing to try what Whitter suggested (although I don't know what you mean by an accent) but I want to hear what you have to say about this. On the home jersey, I went over the yellow with gold and it gave the gold a cool "glowing" feel. I changed the away script by taking out the snake and I added an alternate hat in which I used the same "glowing" effect on part of the hat. Yay? Nay?

In the mean time, I'll post the next team. The San Antonio Lone Stars were one of the eight original teams. First, they were known as the Texas Lone Stars, but as the GBL grew in popularity, people were getting the Rangers and the Lone Stars confused... especially since they had the same color scheme. In 2035, the team was rebranded and took the color scheme of gray, red, and black. San Antonio has received the support expected of the 7th largest city in the United States (2040 Census) and it has continued to grow. Old rivalries with Monterrey and Brooklyn keep the Lone Stars motivated throughout the long hot, Texas summers beneath no retractable roof. Hope you enjoy! C&C...

SanAntonioLoneStars.png

Rattlers look much better, I like them just how you just made them. San Antonio looks really solid, nice and clean-cut. The one thing I don't love is how low on the jersey the Lone Stars script is, I would play around with that, also the white box around the script on the alt jersey seems a little weird. Try doing a gray script right on the red. Nice concept and hope this helps!

Cohenj.png

Rattlers look much better, I like them just how you just made them. San Antonio looks really solid, nice and clean-cut. The one thing I don't love is how low on the jersey the Lone Stars script is, I would play around with that, also the white box around the script on the alt jersey seems a little weird. Try doing a gray script right on the red. Nice concept and hope this helps!

Good! I will play around with the Lone Stars script and definitely change the alt... The white box was kind of a mess up and I just decided to see what you thought before scrapping it. Thanks for the comments as always and what you and Whittier have said has been extremely helpful.

By accent, I mean just a bit, a touch, not a dominant part of the design.

I like the SA monogram with the star above the A. For the sake of maintaining a consistent brand, I'd suggest using that on the cap.

rATMcmK.png

Here are two options for Ciudad Juarez.

CiudadJuarezRattlers3.png

And an update for San Antonio. My markers were bleeding together, so I couldn't get the gray script on red jersey to work. Instead, I put the cap logo on the jersey with the numbers, similar to the away jersey. Whittier, I would rather not use SA on the hat, because I use SJ and SD marks for San Juan and Santo Domingo and having a third team with an S-(in this case A) cap logo would get confusing. The star logo is unique to the GBL. Also, I raised the script on the Home jersey as cohen21 suggested.

SanAntonioLoneStars1.png

Albuquerque will probably be posted tonight.

Much better. You fixed everything nicely. I prefer the second Ciudad Juarez one, but I would ditch the patch logos, I think it looks cleaner without them.

Cohenj.png

Much better. You fixed everything nicely. I prefer the second Ciudad Juarez one, but I would ditch the patch logos, I think it looks cleaner without them.

I agree with you. I like the second one better, and I do think the patch logos make it look messy, but after doing 4 Ciudad Juarez versions in 2 days (plus mess ups), I can't bear to even look at those colors. Maybe I'll come back to it in like a month or so and get rid of the patch logos, but I still want to hear other opinions about what I should use for Ciudad Juarez. Now onto the last team of the Border Division...

The Albuquerque Sandias. The beautiful Sandia Mountain Range towers above New Mexico and it's largest city, Albuquerque. The word Sandia means watermelon, but the teams designer decided not to use a watermelon color. Instead, the team's color palette is based on one version New Mexico's license plates. It uses a teal and yellow combination. The Sandias moved up from the Triple A Albuquerque Isotopes in 2034 and changed their name to avoid any conflict with the Japanese franchises. Albuquerque became the US's fifteenth largest city in 2030. The American side of the Border Division has four cities that grew rapidly in the 20s and 30s but were never awarded a baseball team. (San Antonio, Albuquerque, Las Vegas, a second team in San Diego) The hope for the design of the Sandias, was the make the uniforms stunningly beautiful, like the Sandia mountains.

I held back on posting this one because it does not have the best uniformity, but I still like the set. C&C would be great and if you guys at least like the home hat, then I can start the final compilation for the Border Division.

AlbuquerqueSandias.png

I like the idea a lot. You adapted the whole New Mexico brand into a uniform very nicely. I would put the logo on your alternate cap on the primary caps, because it looks so good and it fits so much more well with your theme than the simple A. I think you should use a lighter color for the belt, because I think that stands out too much, and I think the piping on the road jersey is a little much. Try teal piping instead to simplify it a little. Another great concept, your best overall branding effort to date. Hope this helps!

Cohenj.png

Archived