Global Baseball League

Philsphan

Thanks. For the Panama City Alternate, I was trying to create a Blackout uniform, so that's why I used so much black. Personally, I think it would look better with blue stripes too, but "blackout" uniforms are becoming popular and I wanted to try one. For the numbers, I will try to take out the numbers on MS Paint, but it made the jersey look cluttered when I put the numbers on the chest. Anybody else?

Oh, that is fine if your intention was to create a blackout jersey. By all means, keep it as is.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I got the first one done!

I made a couple of changes, particularly to the away uniform. First off, because the way that sleeves actually work in a template, I had to alter and simplify the shoulder striping. Second, for the sake of realism, I added an accent-aigu to the e. Since Quebec law requires their team names to appear bilingually on their unis, the way a lot of teams get away with this is putting the accent in a different colour from the rest of the text. Third, when I tried to put the aqua text on road grey, there wasn't enough contrast, so I took the liberty of changing the text to red, and then went through and made the striping and hat colouring more consistent with the new "Musketeers" font colour. Finally, I didn't do what I assume to be the tertiary for the sake of space and time, and for the secondary, I removed the word "Musketeers" since the only uniform it appears on already has the word "Musketeers" on it.

I really tried to only make alterations for the sake of cleanness and consistency. If any of these tweaks are not okay, let me know and I can make changes as needed, but I hope you like the results. This took me about three hours. The next should take less time. I have three weeks off from school (though I'm going to be camping and doing other stuff), so hopefully I'll kick out a few more before the grind starts again.

A final disclaimer regarding what templates I used: The hat came from a tracing by chestnutz6. The rest of the uniforms come from a conversion by gingerbreadmann. For the pullover jerseys that will come out in the future, I altered the neckline to gingerbreadmann's jersey back.

MontrealMusketeersCorrectedFinal2.png

[edited because I realised I'd flipped around the alt and away. Should be good now.]

[Edit 2: Corrected alignment issues with buttons and template.]

rATMcmK.png

Wow, really like how this turned out, and it is cool to see Philsphan's great concepts in vector format, and looking forward to more of them. It's really nice of you to do this, Whittier.

Cohenj.png

Wow! That's so awesome! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. If I can ever help you with a project just ask. I'm fine with the changes you made but if you ever want to make a major change, just ask and I will probably say yes. Again, thanks so much.

I won't ever make a major change. I want to honour your vision. Just some things (outlining, stripes, etc) have to be adapted to properly fit a template. And, as you saw with the recolouring of the name on the away jersey, sometimes one change forces another change. But I'm never going to deviate really far from what you want.

rATMcmK.png

Okay, figured I'd get the Brooklyn Cyclones going before I left to go camping. You'll see the biggest change is that I changed up the shade of blue to Dodger blue. I thought it was appropriate, and it works really well with black. I also merged some of your ideas together to create the wordmark. I had thought about getting the word "Cyclones" to follow the path of the coaster, but it ended up not looking good at all, mostly because of the font used.

BrooklynCyclonesFinal1.png

rATMcmK.png

Here's the update for Panama City. I simply got rid of the numbers.

PanamaCityMosquitoes2.png

Maracaibo is the second largest city in Venezuela behind Caracas and it lies in the beautiful and oil rich Lake Maracaibo. Maracaibo is nicknamed La Tierra del Sol Amada or The Beloved Land of the Sun. That is why they are named the suns and use the color scheme of yellow, orange, and black. In the main logo the Maracaibo M is used in the shape of a bridge. This bridge is the General Rafael Urdaneta Bridge which links the shores of Lake Maracaibo and is a symbol of Venezuela's oil wealth. The Suns fans sport yellow and orange rally towels and are some of the more rowdy in the GBL. Enjoy! C&C appreciated!

MaracaiboSuns.png

Really nice job on this set, one of your most creative so far. The logos in particular are really good. As you have probably realized, I am not much a fan of numbers in different places on the jersey other than the chest. But these, I think, work better than your previous ones, definitely keep them. Not sure I'm sold on the M striping on the ends of the sleeves, I think it crowds the top of the jersey. Finally, did you try writing Suns on the home jersey? It might have been too hard to make it look good because the word is pretty short, just curious if you considered it. Solid, creative concept here.

Cohenj.png

Here's the Durham Bulls. Biggest change is to the away uniforms--I got rid of the multiple patches you were using, and just used one, the strongest of your logos--which you hadn't used on any of the uniforms! I think that's one of my biggest pieces of advice to you--focus on quality rather than on quantity. In a number of instances, you've passed up some really sharp logos you've created to put something weaker on the uniform itself. Another thing I've noticed as I've worked on this project is that you come up with some really sharp and unique palettes, but by making the away uniform for every single team road-grey, you're missing out on opportunities to maximise the potential of the palettes.

Oh, yeah, where was I, Durham Bulls....

DurhamBullsCorrectedFinal2.png

Edit: Fixed horns.

rATMcmK.png

Okay, some significant changes to the primary mark. When I looked up reference photos of King Tut's mask, I saw there was no way I could effectively pull off the M shape and still have it accurately reflect the headdress shape. So I tried putting the M inside the mask, and then discovered that, slightly tweaked, it looked like the head of the Egyptian ibis-headed god Thoth, which I thought was very appropriate. Striping dropped from the headdress to simplify it so as to complement the nuance of the shape of the head/M.

MemphisPharaohs1.png

rATMcmK.png

Nice job! I really like what ou did with the home sleeves. When I go back and redo the Continental Division, I will probably use that! Maracaibo's update and the Santiago Barracudas, the last team in the Caribbean will be up tomorrow. I will finally get the Pacific Division rolling after I get new Sharpies tomorrow and then I'll go back and touch up my first few concepts from the Continental Division.

Here is the update for Maracaibo. I changed the home script to "Suns," got rid of the black M sleeve stripes and almost all black. Last, I changed the secondary logo.

MaracaiboSuns2.png

The Santiago Barracudas were formed a few years after the success of the Havana Reds was realized, but instead of having two teams in Havana, the GBL looked to Cuba's second largest city, Santiago de Cuba, or just Santiago for short. The Barracudas play in the Caribbean Division unlike the Reds (who play in the Continental) so when the two Cuban teams meet twice a year, the whole country of Cuba has a holiday. People tune into radios, turn on TVs and pack the stadiums to see which team will have bragging rights throughout Cuba. In addition to the Reds, the Barracudas have rivalries with Caribbean Division foes, Santo Domingo and San Juan.

SantiagoBarracudas.png

Archived