Maryland State University

Gfonk04

Hey gang,

After lots and lots of work on a concept for the University concept contest, it turns out my entry is disqualified for not having a team in addition to a football team. It's pretty frustrating to do all that work and then not even realize that you forgot one of the required items. But I figure if I can't win a contest, I'll at least try and get some C&C.

If you haven't been following the contest, it consists of four (or three, if you're me) parts:

Academic Logo

Athletic Logo

Football Uniforms

Other Sport Uniforms

So here's my concept, it's a weird size because the contest also specified that it had to be a single image. So here's my DQd image:

MDSU-Final-Large.gif

Some C&C would be great. Maybe if people like the concept, I'll work on some uniforms for other sports and maybe get retroactively promoted to contest winner! Thanks, all.

Grunge-Logos.png

I'm not sold on the color scheme. First thing I thought of was Mint Chip Ice Cream.

Right now the green is too pastel-colored. You could either darken the shade or try dialing up the saturation to get a "thicker" color. It kinda looks like they may have had Oregon colors, but the equipment manager accidentally put some bleach in the wash.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I love the logos, workmark...everything except that light shade of green on the uniforms. The other elements of the uniform are great.

It needs to be darker...maybe something like this:

14891_Pantone_wallstore.jpg

87Redskins.png

could you post an enlarged version of ther jersey?

You bet, check the end of the post.

Not feeling the fonts on the current jerseys, but other than that, a great concept.

Could you be more specific? The numeral font? The NOB? What's the issue specifically?

I'm not sold on the color scheme. First thing I thought of was Mint Chip Ice Cream.

Right now the green is too pastel-colored. You could either darken the shade or try dialing up the saturation to get a "thicker" color. It kinda looks like they may have had Oregon colors, but the equipment manager accidentally put some bleach in the wash.

I love the logos, workmark...everything except that light shade of green on the uniforms. The other elements of the uniform are great.

It needs to be darker...maybe something like this:

On this, I can see your point. The goal is to use a "copper green" type color to go with the gold and black. The swatch you gave, Buster, is a little too dark and looks like olive drab next to the other colors. Something in the middle would be idea. I'll try saturating the green a little more to see if that gives a good middle ground.

For now, here are the enlarged images:

MDSUFinal-04.png

MDSUFinal-03.png

MDSUFinal-02.png

Grunge-Logos.png

Really nice work, sucks to have that one mistake knock you out. I like the story and presentation of this.

For the green, I'd actually say that losing some of the saturation would help. The issue with the current colors that I have is that green is a bit too bright— adding saturation will only make it worse, unless you choose a darker hue. Taking it closer to gray might really set this off. Just some food for thought.

Where is this contest?

s3obo3.jpg

Really nice work, sucks to have that one mistake knock you out. I like the story and presentation of this.

For the green, I'd actually say that losing some of the saturation would help. The issue with the current colors that I have is that green is a bit too bright? adding saturation will only make it worse, unless you choose a darker hue. Taking it closer to gray might really set this off. Just some food for thought.

Where is this contest?

s3obo3.jpg

Hee, thanks. I'll be keeping my eye out up there. I'll be getting my new computer in a couple of weeks or so, so I'm ready to jump back into contests.

rATMcmK.png

The shade of green is definetly a huge improvement, but I think that the home should have white pants and that the number font is a little too modern for a name like Barons. Other than that, I am a big fan.

spacer.png

Archived