Houston Astros Remake

MrAstrodome

Hi. Ever since announcements about throwbacks and the new unis upon our arrival in the American League, I wanted to do my own take an Astros redesign. For inspiration I went to the 60's, 70's and 80's logos but I wanted to incorporate some of the more recent stuff.

Originally, I had to have the Dome and Minute Maid as part of the logo, but I thought the skyline got the point across. The shooting star is merger between the 60's and 90's and the patch and uniform versions as well as the racing stripes/fire arms use all three of the "warm" Astros colors.

newastros.jpg

newastrosjerseys.jpg

newastrosjerseysalts.jpg

newastrosjerseysalts2.jpg

I really like where this is headed, but I think that a few things need to be fixed first. First off, I love the new primary logo, the only thing I would change would be to make the curve of the circle match that of the script. Next, I would make a new cap logo. The one that you are currently using doesn't match the rest of the identity at all. Third, I would make the shooting star on the jerseys primarily orange with red and yellow streaks under it. Finally, I would take away the road alternate and BP uniform with the red cap, as I don't think they belong and I don't think that they are needed. Other than these things I really like your concept, my favorite Astros one that I have seen recently.

spacer.png

I love the homage to the rainbow guts in the comet tail.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

My first thoughts upon seeing this were that you just have too many colours. I'm counting six, with black, white, red, orange, yellow and blue. It probably wouldn't be a big deal if most of them were simply trim/logo colours, but you've got all of them but yellow taking up significant real estate on at least one uniform set.

My recommendation, plain and simple, is to cut back. Pick a primary colour, a secondary colour, and maybe a couple colours that are just trim.

With that out of the way, I do like the racing stripe shoulders on the BP uniforms, and the rainbow guts homage on the shooting star's tails. I think if you were to focus on those two aspects and use ONLY blue and possibly orange anywhere on any of the jerseys, hats or socks, you could have something. The red and black just look completely out of place. The black could work in the absence of blue, if you wanted to go that direction.

Another thing to consider is that you probably don't need two completely different BP jerseys if the only difference between the two of them is the colour of the star behind the 'H' in the logo and the choice of two relatively similar shoulder patches.

p.s. there is no R in 'Altuve'.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

#1 love all the caps, you made the right choice.

#2 The first three jerseys are the best (and very well done), but I agree with the previous poster that you have too many colors. You might want to consolidate some of the designs.

#3 Very clever combination of the shooting star with the newer open star. The three trails off the star are quite apparent in the logo but less so on the jerseys. I would like to see more obvious comet tails on the jersey.

#4 I get what you're doing with the main logo as an homage to the old Astrodome logo, but I think you ought to emphasize something other than the skyline. The star shooting over the Sam Houston statue would be a good idea.

Good job.

FsQiF2W.png

My first thoughts upon seeing this were that you just have too many colours. I'm counting six, with black, white, red, orange, yellow and blue. It probably wouldn't be a big deal if most of them were simply trim/logo colours, but you've got all of them but yellow taking up significant real estate on at least one uniform set.

My recommendation, plain and simple, is to cut back. Pick a primary colour, a secondary colour, and maybe a couple colours that are just trim.

Exactly. It shouldn't be too hard because you have a great primary logo to build upon

After looking over it, you guys are right about the cap logo. So I made a new one based on the shooting star from earlier. As for the color scheme, I was going on my team's penchant for having 4 different alternates. But I like the black uniforms so those stay as an alternate. The black one up above wasn't meant to be a BP, but hey, let's see how it looks now.

newastros-edit.jpg

newastrosjerseys-edit-1.jpg

newastrosjerseysaltssnew-edit2-1.jpg

newastrosjerseysalts2-edit-1.jpg

EDIT: Corrected spelling.

Too many inconsistencies...

"Astros" and "Houston" have a lower vertical arch in the logo, but both have raised vertical arches on the uniform scripts.

Both are also stylized in two entirely different fonts, and it feels like there's a big disconnect between the two. "Houston Astros" reads as two different wordmarks rather than one. "Houston" should be bolder too..it's too thin to be as tracked as it is.

The A in Astros is taller than the rest of the wordmark on the jersey, but not in the logo itself.

Why is the shooting star above Astros on the home jersey, but below the Houston wordmark on the road?

The placement of the star looks weird over the button placket.

The star on the hat is horizontally level, but every other application has it skewed. The skewed star shows more energy.

What is the star doing in the primary logo? It looks like it's going to crash into the building. The whole shooting-star thing just looks plopped in that area.

You stil have too many colors. Black, navy, orange, red, yellow. Black has no business in this set, unless it's replacing the navy.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived