The Hartford Wolf Pack might be coming back

Bigboy1083

New York Rangers End Business Relationship With Baldwin's Group

Since Howard Baldwin leased the logo from the artist that created it, rumors are swirling that the Rangers might change the team back to the Wolf Pack. The Rangers severed ties with Baldwin and his company WS&E, because he has $1.5 million in unpaid bills and still owes the Rangers $500,000.

"Meanwhile, the Rangers' hierarchy grew concerned with the financial problems surrounding the team. Reebok, the NHL's equipment and uniform supplier, was owed money by WSE and turned to the Rangers for help in collecting the unpaid debt. Sources say Rangers officials were infuriated by the issue with Reebok and the relationship between the sides grew tense last season."

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Please, please, please let this be true.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

That team is the Connecticut Fail Whale.

The uniforms were overly sublimated (screaming minor league), and the name itself was a poor attempt at history. They should have been the Hartford Whalers. Especially with another team in the state of Connecticut.

The Wolf Pack was a much better name, although it was nice to see a team with green jerseys in the area.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Gosh, what a shock, Howard Baldwin didn't have the funds or common sense to operate a minor-league hockey team, much less the NHL one he kept deliberately :censored: -teasing people with.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The whole thing really boils down to a crappy lease and lack of support. So many scream for the Whalers to return to Hartford, yet no one wants to support the idea.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I am a fan of the team. I was annoyed with the name change, but still went to games, and even bought some game worn jerseys. Brass, I think the main problem was Baldwin Sr lead with his heart, and not his head. He signed an agreement for the use of the arena at $25,000/a game. He thought people would go to AHL games just because the team was Green and Blue, had the name "Whale", and played Brass Bonanza. He has debts all over the place, and has about 8 to 10 lawsuits filed against him and his company.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

And that right there is the reason the Whalers will never return to CT. We're a UConn state now.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I thought the whole change of identity mid-season to Ct. Whale was borderline acceptable (if a little eyebrow raising). However, changing it back to Wolfpack a couple years later would be unacceptably bush league, even for the AHL. Those are the kinds of antics that you would have expected in the last couple seasons of the WHA when owners were just trying to keep one step ahead of their creditors.

Even though the Wolf Pack had a better visual identity, I give this thumbs down.

From what I have been told, WSE doesn't even own the logo for the CT Whale. They were leasing it from Scott Johnson, the guy who had the logo "stolen" from him. So, would MSG lease or buy the CT Whale logo, or used the Hartofrd Wolf Pack? MSG still owns the name, colors, and copyrights for the Wolf Pack.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

• 2 weeks later...

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I wish UConn had become a super-elite basketball program just a little sooner. Maybe then, there would've been more incentive to replace the Civic Center. The Whalers playing second-fiddle to UConn would have been vastly preferable to the current situation in which the Whalers play second fiddle to NC State.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I just hope the city of Hartford managed to snap up the copyrights to all of the old Wolf Pack identity.

From what I have been told, WSE doesn't even own the logo for the CT Whale. They were leasing it from Scott Johnson, the guy who had the logo "stolen" from him. So, would MSG lease or buy the CT Whale logo, or used the Hartofrd Wolf Pack? MSG still owns the name, colors, and copyrights for the Wolf Pack.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It was a joke about Connecticut keeping the Whalers' IP when they did what all pro sports teams aspire to do and moved to Greensboro.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It was a joke about Connecticut keeping the Whalers' IP when they did what all pro sports teams aspire to do and moved to Greensboro.

Wait... that was a joke? I knew about the city keeping the Whalers stuff, so it actually wouldn't have surprised me if they did the same thing with the Wolf Pack

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived