American Baseball League

joshhockey

For a while know I've wanted to create my own league and have finally done so. What really started this was my Cape Cod Beacons concept. It inspired me to create a minor baseball league that would be equivalent to AA or AAA in non-major but still large markets. My league will consist of 16 teams in two conferences, with two divisions per conference. So far I have completed 12 of 16 identities and didn't want to post the league until it was completely finished but I need your help to help me create the last 4 teams. So far the alignment is as follows:

Eastern Conference

Northern Division:

- Akron Americans

- Cape Cod Beacons

- Louisville Pioneers

- Springfield Red Wings

Southern Division:

- Memphis Blues

- Savannah Pines

- South Carolina Rebels

- St. Augustine Loggerheads

Western Conference

Northern Division:

- Billings Oilers

- King County Lumber Kings

- Spokane Knights

- TBD

Southern Division:

- Reno Arches

- SoCal Suns

- TBD

- TBD

I plan to release a new concept every 2 or 3 days depending on how busy I am. The identities are supposed to give off a minor league kind of feel but still remain professional. Without further ado, here is the league logo and Springfield will be up momentarily! As always, C&C is greatly appreciated.

ABLLogo.png

g4104.png

It's a good start, but there is room to improve.

The league logo is, for the most part, well done, save for the "American Baseball League" and "Est. 2013" text. It looks just slapped on top of the star with little regard for other elements it may be clashing with or running into. I know roundels are frowned upon sometimes, but I think having the star and the ABL inside a roundel and the aforementioned text going around it would look much better.

The Red Wings concept is pretty solid, although the capital S at the end of the wordmark is jarring to the eye. I'd also like to see the drop shadow on the S logo a little closer to the primary element, as it gets lost on some of the ornate details at the ends.

Northern:

Eugene Trackers

Boise Gems

Idaho Gems

Spokane Miners

Portland Roses

Fargo-Moorhead Twins

Fargo Express

Southern:

Tucson Saguaros

Tucson Pumas

Albuquerque Lights

El Paso Astronauts

Las Vegas LuckyDogs (I dunno, there are lots of Word + Dogs minor-league teams)

rATMcmK.png

Β 

Β 

Update and time for a new team! I took the suggestions made on the Red Wings' set and changed the 'S' at the end and cleaned up the cap logo 'S'. I also updated the league logo. Big changes here, I put the star in a roundel, changed the font and wrapped the text around the roundel.

League Logo:

ABLLogoUpdate.png

Red Wings Primary:

RedWingsPrimaryUpdate.png

Red Wings Cap/ Scripts:

RedWingsScriptsUpdate.png

Red Wings Secondary/ Alt Scripts:

RedWingsScripts2Update.png

Red Wings Home/Road Uniforms:

RedWingsUnisUpdate.png

Red Wings Alts:

RedWingsUnisUpdate2.png

g4104.png

As for the new team, I present to you the Akron Americans! The city is nicknamed the "All-America City" so I went with a very patriotic theme. The primary is based off of the shield of the city. Everything else is pretty self explanatory. C&C as always please!

Primary:

AmericansPrimary.png

Cap/ Scripts:

AmericansScripts.png

Secondary/ Alt Scripts:

AmericansScripts2.png

Home/ Road Uniforms:

AmericansHomeAway.png

Alternate Uniforms:

AmericansAlts.png

g4104.png

The typeface on the Americans looks like a mix of upper- and lowercase, really unappealing, which is a shame since the rest of the concept is solid.

rATMcmK.png

Β 

Β 

Which Springfield are the Wings from?

They are from Springfield, IL.

The next concept in this series is the St. Augustine Loggerheads. I've always wanted to do a turtle concept with this colour scheme but I could never get it right. I decided to give it another go and really like what I ended up with. I feel like the colours give off a really good turtle and Florida feel. C&C would be great!

Primary:

LoggerheadsPrimary.png

Secondary/ Scripts:

LoggerheadsSecondary.png

Tertiary/ Scripts:

LoggerheadsTertiary.png

Home/ Road Uniforms:

LoggerheadsHomeRoad.png

Alternate Uniforms:

LoggerheadsAlts.png

g4104.png

RedWingsPrimaryUpdate.png

What really bothers me about this concept is "R" in Red Wings. It looks as if it is falling and once you tilt it to it's right a little it would totally fix the problem for me. The "s" on the other side should be tilted to its left a little too) . Also the updated League logo is much nicer!

I love the whole Loggerheads brand, especially the color scheme. A couple of suggestions. First, I that your alternate logo with the turtle shell is even better than the primary, so I would consider using it as such. Secondly, I think the gray on your road jersey is much too dark for the color scheme you are going for, try something lighter. Other han that, great job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• 2 weeks later...

The next team in the league is the Reno Arches. Named after the famous Reno Arch, I tried to implement elements of the actual arch into the concept. I also tried to use a really unique colour scheme that fits the area. C&C please!

Primary:

ArchesPrimary.png

Secondary:

ArchesSecondary-1.png

Tertiary:

ArchesTert.png

Home/ Road Unis:

ArchesUnis.png

Alternates:

ArchesAlternates.png

g4104.png

I like the overall concept, especially the logo. The road jersey is too gray for me though. Try making the numbers black or something that would offer more contrast. Other than that, good job on this set.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I love the Reno concept, except that I think that typeface, with all the duplicated lines, would be a bit messy from far away, all the black and white would just look grey. Reduce the interior lines, and you have a perfect set, I think.

rATMcmK.png

Β 

Β 

Archived