Illinois Zombies Fantasy Team

wILL-INI

So I had a fun little fantasy baseball project. Recently in my area, there was a hazardous waste spill (the start of the Zombie Apocalypse) ) so of course here come the Zombie jokes (mostly started by me).

Original:

7516772420_55567f6920_b.jpg

Updated:

7539859386_3ec38f2df3_h.jpg

First time with a wordmark, but added a couple little things. Reworked the baseball brain a little, tried to put it in the head a little more. I was going to put a brain pattern but it made it a little distracting. Added some fun little alts too. Almost there...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

i think the baseball looks a little "clean" to be the zombies brain, if that makes sense. I like how the ball kind of warps around the seams in the drawing to give it an added dimension, maybe try and add that in. Other than that this is seriously awesome, love the font choice. Good work man.

That's actually really impressive. Impressive enough that you might want to put a light watermark over it, and I'm usually against that, but that's good enough to be stolen.

But keep it light, huh? Too many concepts are overly blurred by people being overprotective.

The question becomes whether you want that baseball to be the skull or the brains. It's in the right spot for if it's the skull, and the white of the ball makes sense for the skull, but I think it's that much cooler if the zombie's brains are a baseball. You know, baseball on the brain. In which case, the baseball should be shrunk a bit further into the skull.

You definitely should do jersey concepts for this. Nice and simple using those wordmarks, home/road/red alternate with the zombie head, the usual. This is a great concept. I hope you get more C&C from the guys who know what they're doing

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

first off, never update the original. seeing a progression means a lot on this board, that's how C&C works best. Personally, I think you've made a major downgrade on everything. It went from very legit to very cartoony, just with the hands. It's trying too hard, when the rest really did work. Re-post the original and see if others think the same way I do. Keep the cup logo though, that looks good.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

On the word mark and cap logo, you could replace the red "I" with a baseball bat shape.

Some people LOVE having "the equipment" in the logo (see: Heat, Brewers, Royals) and some people HATE it (see: Cowboys, Astros, Indians).

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

first off, never update the original. seeing a progression means a lot on this board, that's how C&C works best. Personally, I think you've made a major downgrade on everything. It went from very legit to very cartoony, just with the hands. It's trying too hard, when the rest really did work. Re-post the original and see if others think the same way I do. Keep the cup logo though, that looks good.

I don't know how this response will be perceived, but I mean no insult. I appreciate the C&C and am in no way trying tell you your wrong. But cartoony and kind of over the top was my intent. With a name like the Zombies how could I not. It's just a fantasy logo so the seriousness level is very low. I added the hands because I didn't like the idea of a floating head as my logo. I felt as if the hands gave him (looking for a nickname for him BTW) some proportional form. And I loved the idea as if the logo walking up on you.

And that imagery of a zombies hands reaching out trying to grab is so powerful and threatening! How could I not include them. So, I again I appreciate your C&C, and if this was a more serious project, something for an actual team I would completely agree.

On the word mark and cap logo, you could replace the red "I" with a baseball bat shape.

Some people LOVE having "the equipment" in the logo (see: Heat, Brewers, Royals) and some people HATE it (see: Cowboys, Astros, Indians).

Yes, I love when equipment is included. Shows what the sport is. I'll try it with the "i". I've been thinking of a way to make the bat not just a bat, but maybe tie it back into zombies? but I think that might just be over doing it on an already over the top logo. I'll try it. Thank you...

Side note: I don't know if this is the appropriate place to put this but I couldn't find a better one. How do the fantasy leagues work on here? I'm super into fantasy sports, but how do you get into them, and how do they work?! If you could PM me I'd appreciate it...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived