National Baseball League

OfficialBailey7

This will be my first league ever, and I will use it as a way to practice creating my own logos and adding them to a design. I haven't posted a logo to this site, so I can also get some feedback to progress my logo-making ability. Im starting small, with a small, 16 team, 4 division league. If I make it that far, I will make a few expansion teams. The logos will be simple, not trying to over-do it on my first try. Mainly Letter/Script bases logos much like the MLB. I may have to "borrow" a design few clip art desings as a template to base my desing off of, but no copyrighted logos for sure. You probably wont even be able to tell which clip art I used to make the logos, but if you insist I'll post the clip art I used to make the logo. Hand-drawn logos may be included.

Now, I'll end my babbling and show you guys the cities. No concept yet, because I need some nickname ideas. I won't pull a Cody21 though, I promise ;)

East

Long Island (New York City)

Charlotte

Orlando STORM

Richmond

South

San Antonio

New Orleans

Kansas City

Memphis

West

Portland

Utah (Salt Lake City)

Las Vegas

Albuquerque GAUCHOS

North

Louisville

Chicago

Buffalo

Indianapolis

Hopefully this works!! Remember, nickname ideas!

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

I present you the first team of this league (and the first baseball team I have ever created), the Orlando Storm. I have started filling in the team names and will continue to do so as you give me ideas. I didn't take any chances with my first shot, just a clean look here. Feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Storm.png

Orlando Gatorades!

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT.Β TITLESΒ  |Β  2nd in CONF. TITLESΒ  |Β Β 5th in HEISMAN | Β 7th in DRAFTS | Β 8th in ALL-AMERΒ Β |Β  7th in WINS Β |Β  4th in BOWLS | Β 1st in SELLOUTSΒ Β |Β  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'm curious why you chose the markets you did. About half of them have MLB teams, so I'm wondering why you didn't opt for more vacant markets.

Just a suggestion

East

Long Island already has the Mets, perhaps Hartford might be an option?

Charlotte

Orlando STORM

Richmond

South

Dallas already has the Rangers, perhaps San Antonio might be an option?

New Orleans

Kansas City already has the Royals, perhaps Oklahoma City might be an option?

Memphis

West

Portland

Utah (Salt Lake City)

San Diego - San Diego already has the Padres, perhaps Las Vegas might be an option?

Denver already has the Rockies, perhaps Albuquerque or Santa Fe might be options?

North

Cincinnati already has the Reds, perhaps Louisville might be an option?

Minnesota (Minneapolis) already has the Twins, perhaps Des Moines might be an option?

Detroit already has the Tigers, perhaps Buffalo might be an option?

Chicago already has the Cubs
and
the White Sox, perhaps Indianapolis might be an option?

Don't mean to offend or insult, just thought you might have better luck with concepts with some markets that don't already have well-established baseball identities.

Good luck with your project.

I'm curious why you chose the markets you did. About half of them have MLB teams, so I'm wondering why you didn't opt for more vacant markets.

Just a suggestion

East

Long Island already has the Mets, perhaps Hartford might be an option?

Charlotte

Orlando STORM

Richmond

South

Dallas already has the Rangers, perhaps San Antonio might be an option?

New Orleans

Kansas City already has the Royals, perhaps Oklahoma City might be an option?

Memphis

West

Portland

Utah (Salt Lake City)

San Diego - San Diego already has the Padres, perhaps Las Vegas might be an option?

Denver already has the Rockies, perhaps Albuquerque or Santa Fe might be options?

North

Cincinnati already has the Reds, perhaps Louisville might be an option?

Minnesota (Minneapolis) already has the Twins, perhaps Des Moines might be an option?

Detroit already has the Tigers, perhaps Buffalo might be an option?

Chicago already has the Cubs
and
the White Sox, perhaps Indianapolis might be an option?

Don't mean to offend or insult, just thought you might have better luck with concepts with some markets that don't already have well-established baseball identities.

Good luck with your project.

Ill look these over a bit. I dont think I will use OKC because I just think it should be one of those one sport cities, like Green Bay. Louisville is almost definant (Although that was going to be an expainsion tean if I got that far). Im not sure about Long Island though. Multiple teams in that area isually doesn't hurt, and it seems like NYC is one of those "must have markets" for a league. Maybe Brookland?

I really wasn't focused on the financial part of the league, but it can't hurt to try, right? Thank you! I'm working on another team, hopefully I will get more C&C this time. Also, keep giving nickname ideas, only one suggestion so far!

This is my second team, the Albuquerque Gauchos! I went with the vest and put the logo on the jerseys. Not trying to steal USBC's identity, or anything but there can be two Gauchos (that I know of) in the world. So without furter ado...

gauchos.png

C&C!

As for the other teams, I put the new cities up. BTW do you think I could name a team the Louisville Sluggers? Just an idea, but tell me what you think!

Your logos and uniforms are pretty plain be more creative.

Yes, I have to agree. You need some more dynamic imagery to your concepts. Orlando was a little dry for my tastes, with the lightning bolt being very generic, but it worked and you had good color contrast. I think you could do better. With Albuquerque, nothing in this concept screams New Mexico, and none of the elements in the uniform are particularly unique.

Also, I might suggest Albuquerque Vaqueros as opposed to Gauchos, as that word relates to Brazil and South America more than the North American Spanish desert regions (vaquero is the Spanish word for Cowboy). Or maybe New Mexico Hombres.

Your logos and uniforms are pretty plain be more creative.

Yes, I have to agree. You need some more dynamic imagery to your concepts. Orlando was a little dry for my tastes, with the lightning bolt being very generic, but it worked and you had good color contrast. I think you could do better. With Albuquerque, nothing in this concept screams New Mexico, and none of the elements in the uniform are particularly unique.

Also, I might suggest Albuquerque Vaqueros as opposed to Gauchos, as that word relates to Brazil and South America more than the North American Spanish desert regions (vaquero is the Spanish word for Cowboy). Or maybe New Mexico Hombres.

I was considering Vaqueros at first, but decided not to. I do agree the logos are bland, but I'm new to making my own logos, and don't have much to work with. Im also not familiar with the New Mexico Area do I will do a little research and get back to you guys. I appreciate both comments.

Your name fonts are awfully big. Imagine trying to fit "Van Landingham" or "Saltalamacchia" on the back of a jersey with the fonts you're using.

Archived