Florida Marlins Jerseys

justen

I got a replica Marlins jersey the other day and its a white with teal pin stripes. A question I had was, when did MLB switch from the cotton to the polyester jerseys? I just wanted to make sure I got a good replica not a piece of junk. The front logo is stitched and the arm patch is aswell. Thanks for any help.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

1342224705' post='1844426']

photobucket-3913-1342223665219.jpg

hope this helps... its a heavyish weight jersey button down front. Thanks for the help.

The Marlins never wore raglan style sleeves. They wore set-in sleeves since day 1.

Look at the way the pinstripes on the sleeves connect to the neck. Your jersey resembles the Yankees and cubs (raglan) while the real marlins resembled the phillies and white sox.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

hope this helps... its a heavyish weight jersey button down front. Thanks for the help.

The Marlins never wore raglan style sleeves. They wore set-in sleeves since day 1.

Look at the way the pinstripes on the sleeves connect to the neck. Your jersey resembles the Yankees and cubs (raglan) while the real marlins resembled the phillies and white sox.

Thanks for the info, hope some day I can find a true replica. Said before, only out 12 bucks so I can deal with it.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

True, but all of the replica Russell jerseys of that era had raglan sleeves. I remember the White Sox jerseys I saw as a kid having raglan. It's certainly not an authentic jersey, but still a great find.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Beautiful jersey. I wonder what the sales figures of their current look is coming along. I know it was through the roof in the very beginning because, well, anything new is considered "cool". But now that the newness has worn off, hmmmm. Very curious about this.

Thanks for the info, hope some day I can find a true replica. Said before, only out 12 bucks so I can deal with it.

I have one if you want it, but it doesn't have the sleeve patch. PM me and well figure it out.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

True, but all of the replica Russell jerseys of that era had raglan sleeves. I remember the White Sox jerseys I saw as a kid having raglan. It's certainly not an authentic jersey, but still a great find.

I'm not sure about that. I had a couple Phillies road jerseys from both 92 and 93, and they were both set in. I would imagine the homes would be the same, especially because I notices these things even back then and would've probably known there was a difference. Maybe try jus messed up the White Sox replicas (though I'd say that the mistake would be an improvement. )

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived