Big Blue Signs Warner

yh

It's now official - the Giants have an afternoon press conference scheduled to announce the signing of Kurt Warner to a 2 year contract worth around 3.1 mil including a mil and a half in bonus money.

As a fan of both the Rams and Giants, I am very pleased with this. I hope all parties, Warner included, will prosper as a result.

I wonder if anyone's asked Eli Manning what he thinks of this.

Not that he needs to be asked to spout his mouth off, mind you.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As most of you all know, I was extremely disappointed with the Rams' handling of one of their two biggest superstar in years.

I hope Kurt does well (and for the sake of the Winnipeg Wildfire, I hope he resumes superstar form), but it'll hurt as both a Ram fan and a Warner fan to see him wearing the blue, red and white.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Never mind IBM, I thought the Winnipeg Blue Bombers brought him in, judging from that subject heading...

"Yeah, I came to Canada, cuz I love blue & gold, and this was the only other team I'd consider, given that criterion..."

I know, like a football player would use 'criterion' in a sentence.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm never sure if i like or dislike Warner. On one hand, i think he's a great story: grocery clerk to MVP, etc. But as a Vikings fan he and the Rams have been a pain in the rear.

I guess i'd like to see him succeed in New York, even if it's just as a mentor to Manning.

First off, NOBODY should hate, or really even dislike Warner, in any actual sense. Warner is a devout Christian, but whether your Christian or not, shouldn't matter either. It's the things he does and the kind of person he is because of being Christian that make him so amazing. I'm not sure there is any other player in sports like him, and pretty sure there's not one who has rose to any stardom to help his cause.

If you don't like him as a player, or don't like him in that sports rivalry sort of way, that's another thing. I don't agree with that feeling, but that's an acceptable feeling altogether, but outside of sporting events, this guy should not be disliked. Every now and then the media may distort something he says, or maybe he even says something he shouldn't, but you gotta realize the media picks out these things and leaves the others alone. And trust me, all the other things are so refreshing coming from and athlete. He is truely an amazing person.

His wife is too, and I really don't have a problem with what she said on the radio. The first time, one could argue it's not her place, but she was a concerned wife. She was sticking up for her husband. Perhaps she should have left the situation alone, but I don't think she should be criticized for what she did. The second time, I don't believe her comments were even bad. I believe she said if Kurt isn't gonna be playing in St. Louis we'd like to be somewhere he can play. Well, what is wrong with saying that? That was the truth, and they never demanded a trade, they handled this situation incredibly well, and I don't know how they could have. You could again argue she was out of place to do this, but this team blame, if there should be any, falls on the media's shoulders. They gave her her own radio segment. They asked her the question. She answered it pretty truthfully, but really nicely. They wanted her to say something contreversial. That's why they gave her the segment after her first comments. Anyone who can call Brenda Warner what I commonly here her called is just ridiculous. The Warners are amazing people, and somehow, people find a way to hate them.

Now, football wise. Terrible move for the Rams. Loyalty rise, terrible move for the Rams. I can't stand what the Rams have done to Warner. I'm a loual Rams fan. I'm gonna root for the Rams. But let me tell you, it's hard to root for an organization who pulls something like this. And, to top it off, we're left with a mediocre QB to replace him.

I wish Kurt luck with the Giants. I'll be rooting for him. I think he can make a contender out of them, and he'll be great for Eli. I just can't believe he's suddenly "lost it."

The 2003 preseason proves the 2002 season as an injury riddled fluke, and the first game last year, ironically vs. the Giants was mostly Martz fault (54 passes 13 runs--any D knows what's coming) and somewhat the O-lines (first time they'd played together, not even in preseason). Kurt had a concussion, still threw well...arggh...I can't get into it. I get too made. I've typed the same thing over and over. It's just unbelievable the Rams didn't at least give him a chance to see whether or not he still had it. A training camp competition at least. Of course, Martz said there would be one, but then he went back on it like so many other times.

New York Giants Kurt Warner jersey, here I come. (Also, if anybody has a '99 style Rams Warner jersey they'd be interested in selling, PM me.)

First off, NOBODY should hate, or really even dislike Warner, in any actual sense. Warner is a devout Christian, but whether your Christian or not, shouldn't matter either. It's the things he does and the kind of person he is because of being Christian that make him so amazing. I'm not sure there is any other player in sports like him, and pretty sure there's not one who has rose to any stardom to help his cause.

If you don't like him as a player, or don't like him in that sports rivalry sort of way, that's another thing. I don't agree with that feeling, but that's an acceptable feeling altogether, but outside of sporting events, this guy should not be disliked. Every now and then the media may distort something he says, or maybe he even says something he shouldn't, but you gotta realize the media picks out these things and leaves the others alone. And trust me, all the other things are so refreshing coming from and athlete. He is truely an amazing person.

His wife is too, and I really don't have a problem with what she said on the radio. The first time, one could argue it's not her place, but she was a concerned wife. She was sticking up for her husband. Perhaps she should have left the situation alone, but I don't think she should be criticized for what she did. The second time, I don't believe her comments were even bad. I believe she said if Kurt isn't gonna be playing in St. Louis we'd like to be somewhere he can play. Well, what is wrong with saying that? That was the truth, and they never demanded a trade, they handled this situation incredibly well, and I don't know how they could have. You could again argue she was out of place to do this, but this team blame, if there should be any, falls on the media's shoulders. They gave her her own radio segment. They asked her the question. She answered it pretty truthfully, but really nicely. They wanted her to say something contreversial. That's why they gave her the segment after her first comments. Anyone who can call Brenda Warner what I commonly here her called is just ridiculous. The Warners are amazing people, and somehow, people find a way to hate them.

Now, football wise. Terrible move for the Rams. Loyalty rise, terrible move for the Rams. I can't stand what the Rams have done to Warner. I'm a loual Rams fan. I'm gonna root for the Rams. But let me tell you, it's hard to root for an organization who pulls something like this. And, to top it off, we're left with a mediocre QB to replace him.

I wish Kurt luck with the Giants. I'll be rooting for him. I think he can make a contender out of them, and he'll be great for Eli. I just can't believe he's suddenly "lost it."

The 2003 preseason proves the 2002 season as an injury riddled fluke, and the first game last year, ironically vs. the Giants was mostly Martz fault (54 passes 13 runs--any D knows what's coming) and somewhat the O-lines (first time they'd played together, not even in preseason). Kurt had a concussion, still threw well...arggh...I can't get into it. I get too made. I've typed the same thing over and over. It's just unbelievable the Rams didn't at least give him a chance to see whether or not he still had it. A training camp competition at least. Of course, Martz said there would be one, but then he went back on it like so many other times.

New York Giants Kurt Warner jersey, here I come. (Also, if anybody has a '99 style Rams Warner jersey they'd be interested in selling, PM me.)

I don't hate him because he's a devout Christian. Also, I don't think being a devout Christian has ANYTHING to do with the way a person acts. Kurt gave back to his community, and seems to be a decent enough fellow.

What bothers me is that he says things like, "I have success because I'm a better Christian" and and "The coach hates me because I read the bible too much". He TRIES to put religion into something that I watch to get away from the world with. He uses it as a reason/excuse. Of course, it's his right to do it, but I don't appreciate it.

I didn't listen to the entire segment with his wife, so I won't comment on that....

I wonder if anyone's asked Eli Manning what he thinks of this.

Not that he needs to be asked to spout his mouth off, mind you.

AP-New York- According to Eli Mannings' mother; Eli's father will be holding a press conference on how Eli feels about the signing of 'backup' Kurt Warner.

:P

Like I said, don't hate him for the things he says, because they are actually rare and blown out of proportion by the media. I can't recall him saying he has success because he's a better Christian, but I keep seeing people make that claim, so I won't go into that. But the coach and the Bible thing. He just said they were telling him he reads it too much. He was probably making a point that you can't read it too much or something as he was talking to people (youth maybe?) at a Church in Texas or Oklahoma or something as a motivational speaker. Media gets wind of it and blows it way out of proportion.

I'd have to agree with STL here.

The media blew the Bible thing out of proportion. Kurt never said that he's received success because he's a better Christian. He has thanked God publicly for his success, and although that could be misconstrued to look like the first statement, the reasoning is that since all good things come from God, it makes sense Kurt should thank Him for his success.

Not that every touchdown was because God didn't want the Titans to win. But to thank God after a touchdown IMO is not inappropriate just as thanking someone who holds open a door for me when I walk to work is not inappropriate.

There's certainly the element where the media highlights any potentially controversial piece of news (and faith is often a very controversial topic). However there's also the element that says, since Kurt's faith is an integral part of who he is, why should you be surprised to see some sort of display of it if you watch him for the hour or more when he's on TV? In a way, it's similar to the way being a father is a big part of who Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds are... why are we surprised that their kids were a part of the celebration of their milestone home runs?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Wooohooo! After an incredibly lousy 2003-2004 season (we went 4-12) it's a good day to be a Giants fan. We have one of the best Quarterbacks in the league, one of the best prospects in the league, a new coach, and high expectations for next season.

:woot:

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Kurt will start this year... give Manning the Younger a chance to develop and get used to the gigantic heatlamp of Death, known as the NYC media.

Would i be happy if this was a move to make him permanent starter for a few years? No, but as a mentor/teacher move, i like it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived