And I thought Texas' practice unis were bad...

gdu

guest23, I'm bored today, so tell me about the time you did two-a-days in assless chaps. If you didn't, just make something up.

leather gets too hot during double days...I save those for nights on the town. I go with the speedo for optimal athletic performance.

tell me what suits your fancy for comfort? I'm always looking for new ideas...especially if the pros are doing it and you definitely sound like a pro.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pants LSU wears to practice are what Nike sells as practice pants. They have a spot for thigh pads, but not knee pads. Most teams don't buy practice pants, they just use old game pants.

The Auburn "pants" are what they wear when they aren't in full pads. It took me about 15 seconds to search and figure out they wore them for the first few practices before they could wear full pads. I am curious as to why they are cut so high up the leg. I know some guys will wear thigh pads (or an equivalent) all the time, and personally I would want the shorts to cover them.

Come on, grow up and get comfortable with your sexuality. Not only is it a good look, it makes way more sense to wear shorts that are the exact same feel and tightness as game pants. If game style shorts were good enough for this guy:

payton-singeltary.jpg

It's good enough for these players, none of which will match the greatness of sweetness - on or off the field.

Come on, grow up and get comfortable with your sexuality. Not only is it a good look, it makes way more sense to wear shorts that are the exact same feel and tightness as game pants. If game style shorts were good enough for this guy:

payton-singeltary.jpg

It's good enough for these players, none of which will match the greatness of sweetness - on or off the field.

exactly.

also look at those classic tube socks...doubt there was much moisture wicking tech in those cotton beauties.

Many teams wear shorts similar to this...

No, they don't. And they haven't for a little over 20 years.

Well I know sone steelers do (I would post it, but on my phone. Google it), the redskins do, Auburn, LSU. Im sure there are more teams that do as well.

Just for reference.

latrobe.jpg

Well I know sone steelers do (I would post it, but on my phone. Google it), the redskins do, Auburn, LSU. Im sure there are more teams that do as well.

what the teams you list do is not even close to this.

Just forget it. When I read the original post I assumed he was refering to the pants being tight, not short. I didn't know 3 or 4 inches were that big of a difference anyway...

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

I don't think it's a big deal but I also don't see why they don just wear shorts. I feel like its kinda a waste.

When I played we'd wear girdles with shorts if we weren't going full pads. An when my brother played for practice they would wear padded pants cut off like this with some knee pads you pull on. I just feel like I you're not gonna have pads in the pants than why even wear them.

Just forget it. When I read the original post I assumed he was refering to the pants being tight, not short. I didn't know 3 or 4 inches were that big of a difference anyway...

You might want to get out a ruler, because the difference is at least double what you seem to think it is.

I can't say many teams do it, but LSU does.

august-2-2012.jpg

It looks like they're just wearing girdles.

Nope. Just cheap, shiny nike football pants w/o pads. Been doing it for years.

It's kind of both. It's got the pockets for pads and alot of teams used to do this in the 70s and 80s if memory serves me right.

The way a lot of you are nitpicking about this is kind of ridiculous IMO. Sports are sometimes about more than aesthetics, you know? The apparel the players wear needs to be just as much if not more about functionality/comfortability, and that's what you're seeing here.

Came across this while following a few college teams, Clemson's equipment twitter referred to giving freshman "Half Pants" instead of shorts, because the shorts get damaged:

369e39bedfde11e190351231381b5983_7.jpg

Just a bit more "insight" on the subject. Instead of turning this into "ZOMG! Football daisy dukes!", let's turn this into a insight experience. I never knew about the "half pants" until now. I think Auburn may have just done a bad job at doing them. :lol:

Last night while watching the Bears preseason game, they showed a clip of them wearing "half pants" as well. I've never really saw teams wear them until this thread popped up and now it seems like everyone wears them.

Honestly though, who cares? If someone didn't post pictures of Auburn practice, would we even know about it? As long as they're not breaking them out midseason, I could careless about it.

Archived