The NFL by Lenardo

lenardo

Greetings CCSLC! It has been quite long since I have posted a concept here, but I have found some free time recently and have decided to take another shot at re-designing and/or refreshing the NFL. I will be going by divison, starting out with the AFC East.

First up is New England. Their 90s set was obvious inspiration here. Their current uniforms are a little to generic and mismatch-y for my liking, so going back in terms of colors, fonts, etc. was an obvious choice for myself. Instead of using the giant shoulder logos, i decided to turn the tapering red stripes from the logo and use them as shoulder stripes, with the star below them. As far as pants, the stripes and star pattern is mimicked (I will try to show a better view of the pants coming up). Overall I think it's a fresh take on the 90s set that fits in with modern times. As always, C&C welcome!

nepatshome.png

nepatsaway.png

nepants.png

maehl.png

I really love the idea behind this concept, the stars and stripes look really good, and I am sure they look good on the pants as well. I don't love that number font, but besides that a really good concept. Looking forward to more!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I would bring back blue road pants, personally. And the shoulder "stripe" should be moved up farther on the shoulder. It looks too cluttered on the front of the jersey because of the two stars being in close proximity to the number, Nike logo, and the Nfl shield (and a script if you decide to take that route). Also, add TV numbers to the sleeves. Maybe a red alt to go along with their AFL days? Good start. Nice to see that my Bills will be one of the first four teams. :P

I'll wait to comment about the pants stripe since your working on that view.

spacer.png

Thank you for all the help and comments. The updated version is at the top with the suggested: larger stripes, TV numbers, red outlines, and blue away pants. Let me know what y'all think!

maehl.png

I like this a lot. The numbers are fine IMO, and I'm a big fan of the striping. The Pats' logo provides such a great opportunity for unique striping, and you took advantage of it. My only complaint is that the striping isn't consistent between jersey and pants (compare the blue jersey with the blue pants). I like the home jersey and pants versions best, so I would align the road with that look (road jersey: blue box with white star; road pants: no box with white star).

I like this a lot. The numbers are fine IMO, and I'm a big fan of the striping. The Pats' logo provides such a great opportunity for unique striping, and you took advantage of it. My only complaint is that the striping isn't consistent between jersey and pants (compare the blue jersey with the blue pants). I like the home jersey and pants versions best, so I would align the road with that look (road jersey: blue box with white star; road pants: no box with white star).

+1

+1

That was actually my original plan for the striping, but I thought it would look awkward on the away set. I'll try it out to see what it looks like. NY Jets also in progress.

maehl.png

My only complaint is that I prefer navy over royal blue. Could just be my monitor, but the shade of blue you used is really "bleeding" a bit too much. You don't have to go full-navy, but I'd consider darkening the blue just a few tones.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived