Ohio State Buckeyes Football

Grageg

Although I'm a huge Buckeye fan, the recent uniforms have bothered me for a few reasons:

1. No gray on the home jerseys.

2. Silver helmets with dull gray pants.

3. Inconsistent stripe proportions between pants and helmet.

I decided to take a shot at an Ohio State uniform overhaul. A few notes about these sets:

- I darkened the gray and made the scarlet a tad more red.

- I *think* I've decided on matte gray helmets to match the pants, but I could be convinced that they could be metallic (more traditional).

- I ultimately settled on an older style of numeral font. OSU used these numbers years ago.

- I included an alternate gray jersey and white pants, along with a white helmet VERY sililar to what was worn three years ago against M*chigan.

As a bonus, I took a shot at updating a logo and I even threw in a "Script Ohio" style wordmark.

I'm interested in your feedback. Especially fellow Buckeyes.

Buckeyes.png

BuckeyesRetroFlagSm.pngFindlayRetroFlagSm.pngBrownsRetroFlagSm.png

I like where you're going with this. I remember making a comment to my friends at the scUM game two years ago about how we should use that number font on the jerseys, but get rid of the drop shadow on the numbers. It gives it more of a retro feel, while keeping the current look. I'm not a fan of the sleeves here, since i'm one of the few who like the current sleeves (There is enough gray between the helmet and pants that arguing that we look like wisconsin or nebraska is stupid). IMO, if you went with the current sleeves, got rid of the drop shadow, put buckeye leaves on the white helmet instead of the numbers, and replaced the shield on the collar with the athletic logo like we have now (or simply the block O sans shield), you'd have a beautiful set.

Those numbers makes me think of UCLA, not OSU.

I agree to a degree, but considering that those pro combat jerseys were my favorite in the OSU set of PC's, I'd say I'd be perfectly fine with them. I love where your going with this, because the updated jerseys we received a few years ago made me wonder how grey was basically excluded from them, though we are proud to support the "scarlet and grey" not black. I think a nameplate would be a good thing to add as well. I think maybe just try a different number font would be my only minor gripe here, other than that, you've got a swell set here man, you really do!

1. I don't think the black outline is necessary around the numbers. If you really want black, make it just a drop shadow, not an outline as well.

2. The goofy wrap-around pants-stripe gimmick thing doesn't work with the rest of the uniform since it's pretty traditional.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That number font is a true winner. Great concept!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived