Alabama Pro Combat Uniform

bigmike

Okay so its been a really long time since I have done a concept. Mainly because I got a new laptop last Christmas and aside from the fact that it has been a piece of crap, I haven't really had the desire to trasnfer templates and all that stuff. I'm also already looking to update to a mac book because the laptop I have has crashed once and now Microsoft Office has crashed on it and thats what I need most for school. Anyways, I decided I'd use the MS paint Pro Combat player template for this. I have had this idea in my head all weekend and I put it together today. I had some fun with the template and just modeled completely after AJ McCarron. He doesn't wear a glove on his left hand but I kept it to show its colors. Anyways, I hope to move this to a PS template soon so I can get a more authentic look at it.

So this is my idea for an Alabama Pro Combat uniform, I'd like to somewhat expand it into a full time set concept but I'll explore that option at a later time. So for this one time uniform it would be worn at a night home game. I decided to have fun with the helmet, I knew early on I wanted to put the A on the side, but I thought about a way I could get it and the numbers on there, so I decided to put the numbers on the back similar to Oregon's rose bowl helmet. I thought the Revo Speed helmet stripe would fit in nicely with the logo and number placement. For the jerseys I thought of going with a crimson jersey but I wanted this to be a real pro combat not a repeat of their 2010 pc uniforms. So I chose black, I've always loved the black QB jerseys for Alabama for Alabama, and thought it would be a nice change of pace. The big change is the piping, which features crimson and white houndstooth. I have always incorperated houndstooth in a concept for Alabama like everyone else does but sublimating it or using it on the collar but I thought this would be a cool and different way to do it. I started out with white pants, but there just wasn't enough crimson in there for me to like it like that, if I can move it to a gimp template I'll probably play around with different combos.

Original Concept

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd346/bigmike10rolltide/AlabamaProCombatRoughDraftAJMcCarron-1.png

Alright so let me know what you think, and maybe I'll get around to posting it on the photo realistic templates soon.

Updated Concept/Template

AlabamaProCombatConceptFinalPresentation.png

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I really don't like it. The piping is ugly, the black is unnecessary, and the pants stripe is generic as a heck. But for the love of god, if you do anything, please get rid of the black.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Yeah I'm not surprised the black isn't well recieved. I guess thats just something I'd like to see, anyways heres a V.2 with a crimson jersey. I kept the piping because thats the unique part of this concept, I think it could work because its similiar to Maryland's piping. The pants stripe is the pro combat version of their current pants, but I may end up changing it. I thought about adding some gray in between the pants stripes but I wasn't crazy about that idea. Anyways I'm gonna try and move templates tonight or tomorrow. Once I move it, I'll play with some different combos. Remember this is a pro combat concept, its not meant to be worn every game, if I end up making a full set out of this, the home and away would be much more traditional.

Original Update

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd346/bigmike10rolltide/AlabamaProCombatRoughDraftAJMcCarronV2.png

Much better. I would get rid of the wrap around on the pants stripe though.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I actually don't mind the wrap around stripe on the pants. I rather like it....

I do as well. For whatever reason, that's something I've always liked on the Pro Combat cut.

Anyways, I really like the crimson set! Very nicely done. I think it's respectful of Bama's tradition while still accomplishing the forward movement of a special uniform. Nice job.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Thanks for the feedback, I hate to bump this with no updates, but I am in the process of moving my paint templates to my new computer and I'm working a new helmet template to use with it for better presentation. However, I'd love to find out if anyone has these templates for psd. I've tried messenging the creators but had no replys, I'd really love to get my hands on these templates so I can better my presentation guys!

psd. Pro Combat model template

psd. realistic Pro Combat template

I would love to get the template TheOneAndOnlyMau use for his Pro Combat concepts that features the back view of the player as well but Im not sure if he ever handed it out anyways, somebody help me out on this please! My email is rolltider7@hotmail.com

I'll look to be picking up on my NCAA Football series soon if after I transfer all my files!

Thanks for the feedback, I hate to bump this with no updates, but I am in the process of moving my paint templates to my new computer and I'm working a new helmet template to use with it for better presentation. However, I'd love to find out if anyone has these templates for psd. I've tried messenging the creators but had no replys, I'd really love to get my hands on these templates so I can better my presentation guys!

psd. Pro Combat model template

psd. realistic Pro Combat template

I would love to get the template TheOneAndOnlyMau use for his Pro Combat concepts that features the back view of the player as well but Im not sure if he ever handed it out anyways, somebody help me out on this please! My email is rolltider7@hotmail.com

I'll look to be picking up on my NCAA Football series soon if after I transfer all my files!

I have see red template

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Thanks but I have the templates, here is my final 2D presentation for the concept. TheOneAndOnlyMau sent me his realistic templates, if I can figure out how to make them work with GIMP I'll be able to do a action shot soon. Anyways, here is how the uniform looks on my 2D template, and on See Red's template. The houndstooth piping was tough to replicate on these two templates, but I gave it a shot. Once, I get some free time I'll be working on a new concept series, but for now here is the final draft of my Alabama Pro Combat uniform.

AlabamaProCombatConceptFinalPresentation.png

Archived