Beavers Project

pdw

Im just looking for advice on redesigning a logo for our local Junior Hockey Team.

Right now its just for a fun project to work on in my off time.

Im going to change the team colors, and try to Modernize the logo/wordmark and maybe throw in a secondary.

currently the logo looks like...

Blind_River_Beavers.png

The beaver and saw blade is because it used to be a big lumber town in the past.

I found this on google and it kind of the direction I want to go. A little mean and modern looking. And I love the font the designer used..

fcb594df436ce6588e59c2ba14d9ce91.png

Anyone care to share any advice?

Im just looking for advice on redesigning a logo for our local Junior Hockey Team.

Right now its just for a fun project to work on in my off time.

Im going to change the team colors, and try to Modernize the logo/wordmark and maybe throw in a secondary.

Blind_River_Beavers.png

The beaver and saw blade is because it used to be a big lumber town in the past.

I found this on google and it kind of the direction I want to go. A little mean and modern looking. And I love the font the designer used..

fcb594df436ce6588e59c2ba14d9ce91.png

Anyone care to share any advice?

Isn't that second Beaver GFB's logo? I think he made it for the CFA here on the boards?

jNTsTyQ.png

Best advice I can give are, find multiple photographic references (good quality large ones at that), then think about the most distinctive characteristics of the creature you're trying to represent (in this case I'd probably go teeth and tail) and find ways to emphasise or even utilise those in your design. And probably the most important of all, refine your initial sketches (be they conventional pencil and paper or digital) refine them again and then refine them some more. Flowing lines will help convey movement and energy so use them where ever possible, Oh and even more important still, dont get tied to any one idea! Dont just settle for your fisrt sketch and dont be afraid to throw things away... you WILL come up with something better!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Blind_River_Beavers.png

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's a beaver with a saw blade because they stole it from the Cleveland Lumberjacks.

qea6wpkljv5ifu6e6f24j2fgt.gif

It's exactly the same!

I believe he was saying it was the other way around....

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

Archived