Every Team's Best Look Ever - NHL Edition (Official)

rmackman

Alright, I said I'd get the NHL Edition up this weekend, and here it is (moderators, please merge Morgo's unofficial thread underneath this title. He's been flagged with a 5-yard penalty for false-start)! Just as before, I made a "chart" of what I think every single NHL team's best look is, that they've ever had, (with a few exceptions). I invite you guys to post your own complete league breakdown of your favorite looks for each team. After a few days, I will move on to Major League Baseball.

As always, here are the rules:

• If the team has moved, you cannot use their prior location (I'm suspending this rule for the NHL-only because I know if I don't let everyone put the North Stars, Nordiques, or Whalers on here, they'll throw a fit).
  • This is only for a team's best overall look. It's not organized by my "favorite player." In fact, I don't care what players are on here. In some cases you'll find a team's icon used as the photo because that would likely be the most abundant photo found on Google.
  • If I put a team's white uniform up, and you prefer the darker version of the same era, that's fine. That's not something I'm going to change on here. The idea is simply to get the best uniform combo that any specific team has worn for at least one season.
  • There are some teams that have, more or less, never changed their uniforms (i.e. Red Wings, Blackhawks, and Canadiens), and in that case, you can put any incarnation of their uniform that you want.
  • One special rule for the NHL, when it comes to the Winnipeg Jets, you may use any incarnation of the team! People in Winnipeg think of the new Jets and the old Jets as connected, so for uniform purposes, we will do the same here!

I think, overall, you'll find I prefer bright/vibrant colors, a traditional look, and uniforms that stand out. I'm not as worried about how they look if fans were to buy them as fashion accessories. Feel free to comment on my list, and make your own lists...AND PLEASE USE PHOTOS (each of mine is about 300x400 pixels)!

NHL1-1.png

NHL2.png

NHL3.png

NHL4.png

NHL5.png

NHL6.png

NHL7.png

NHL8.png

When it comes to the Toronto Maple Leafs, I feel like they always have it really good, but never GREAT! Have they ever had a uniform where they had what Doug Gilmour is wearing above, but they had the font/numbers from the jerseys that had the "TM" on the shoulders?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You joke but actually thats my pick. Shame it was a one year wonder, it blends the old striping style with the "new" colors perfectly. Always thought that color scheme was criminally misused.

You joke but actually thats my pick. Shame it was a one year wonder, it blends the old striping style with the "new" colors perfectly. Always thought that color scheme was criminally misused.

Only kind of joking. That is my second favourite Oilers look, and my favourite variation of their navy/copper/red scheme.

If any uniform needs to make a return as soon as possible, it's these. The only good thing about the Duck's new set is that Webbed D logo. Recolor that to Eggplant and Jade, slap Mighty in front of Ducks again, and I don't even care about any other of the NHL's messes anymore. I'll sacrifice the rest of the league for the greatness to be restored in Anaheim.

selanne-ducks.jpg

Really? The Sabres red alt? White Islanders fisherman? The Coyotes cactus jersey? The Canucks jersey with the fade?

The Mighty Ducks jersey that was so bad that they only wore it the minimum 6 times and then banished it away forever?!?! Seriously?!

And then you pick really conservative versions of teams' jerseys that strays from even their usual look (Flyers, Lightning).

Yeah, until there's a poll version, I just can't take these threads seriously.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Really? The Sabres red alt? White Islanders fisherman? The Coyotes cactus jersey? The Canucks jersey with the fade?

The Mighty Ducks jersey that was so bad that they only wore it the minimum 6 times and then banished it away forever?!?! Seriously?!

And then you pick really conservative versions of teams' jerseys that strays from even their usual look (Flyers, Lightning).

I think Lights Out hacked zpqmaowl's account.

If any uniform needs to make a return as soon as possible, it's these. The only good thing about the Duck's new set is that Webbed D logo. Recolor that to Eggplant and Jade, slap Mighty in front of Ducks again, and I don't even care about any other of the NHL's messes anymore. I'll sacrifice the rest of the league for the greatness to be restored in Anaheim.

selanne-ducks.jpg

Yes, truly that uniform is hockey's answer to the Yankees' pinstripes.

selanne-ducks.jpg

YES! No but really they aren't like that, they are no Blackhawks red or anything like that. But that jersey is awesome and lightyears ahead of what they have now. And I'm a fan of Orange and Black normally, but their old identity was so unique and instantly identifiable. The guys who signed off on the change should be ashamed. Yeah I get the whole "separate us from Disney" but Disney aside this set rocks.

selanne-ducks.jpg

Depends on who you ask ^_^

As much as the webfoot D has grown on me, I would rather the Ducks lose it altogether if they ever go back to being the Mighty Ducks. I've seen so many attempts to make that logo work in the eggplant and jade colour scheme and it just doesn't. They'd be better off ditching it unless somehow they can miraculously pull it off in a way that doesn't feel like a forced recolour.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived