Rock. Chalk. New Jayhawk.

mcrosby

The KU Jayhawk is in desperate need of an update, and I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring. I started by giving it the AZ Cardinals/Seattle Seahawks treatment. I then changed the legs/feet around by reverting back to a style close to that of the 1912 Jayhawk logo.

There are some spots that need tweaking, but I'll leave that til I get some C&C from you good people.

Jayhawk.png

Those legs creep me out. They just look way too human like.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'd make the wing more noticeable. Right now at quick glance it looks like the bird is wingless. Good start though.

The original has that same problem as well.

I'd like to seee (with this one and the original) are the eyes perfected; they remind me of the crazy eyes you can buy in stores for puppets...they seem to be just slapped on and don't fit into the hawk's head.

The rear upper tail area looks odd, too.

I love the current Jayhawk's comically huge boots. However, the worst part is that his head is very flat and wide, basically the exact opposite of an actual bird head. Birds tend to have more tall-skinny heads that are rounded. The current wide head makes him look like an alligator.

I like your pose because it's very rooster-like. I'd give him some extra plumage (see: South Carolina) and maybe consider fixing the human legs and making his boots more awesomer.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived