College Football Russell Project

ccfan95

Hi guys this is something I have thought about for awhile. Every time I see Georgia Tech, or and Russell Athletic team, on TV I cringe. Their jersey designs are absolutely terrible. So I decided I would help redesign all of the troubled schools. My first concept is for Georgia Tech University. I felt a historic school should have more pride and tradition in what they wear on Saturdays. So here it is. I went with a white Home and Away jersey sort of like the Cowboys. It keeps it classy and simple for a classic school. Please let me know what you think! Thanks

georgiatech_zps8e78650f.png

big12sig.png

TexasTemplatePNG_cr.png

Why does "redesigned" have to mean "switch to Nike"? Your title is misleading...are you planning on switching all your Russell schools to Nike templates? Just because it has a Russell logo on it doesn't mean it's horrible, just like a Nike swoosh doesn't mean it's automatically better than anything else.

Huge pet peeve of mine.

Also...

Your helmet logo is crooked, and the 1 looks like a capital I. If you're going through the trouble to create your own logos and redesigns, you should look through the entire font and customize some of the characters that might be illegible or confusing.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think the GT logo needs to be on the helmet. It's a good logo and miles better than just a number. Also, your 1 looks like an I. I'd clean up the top of that.

Also, like Slapshot said, a Nike template doesn't mean better. I also thought I'd see a redesigned Russell template. And also, per Kent State, the Flashes already wear Nike. But they wear a boring template uniform that needs updated. I do like where you're starting from though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Here is the updated version. I took into account the 1 looking like an I and I added the GT logo to the helmet. In this topic I am changing Russell teams to other outfitters such as Nike, Under Armour and Adidas. Let me know what you think. Thanks

gerogiatech2_zpsbef1fd76.png

big12sig.png

TexasTemplatePNG_cr.png

thank you for doing a georgia tech design, we really need it. russell is the absolute worst. i have a few things though 1. our official color is "old gold", but metallic gold works better for us (see the mess we had in 2008) 2. i like that you kept the white jersey tradition and minimized the blue. 3. i think i would ditch the honeycomb logo on the sleeve, we had our opportunity to do something cool with it this season but of course russell really botched it. i would possibly add in sleeve stripes to keep it more traditional. overall great design!

also we also go by "The Georgia Institute of Technology"

Here is my Kent State concept. I tried to stay away from any bolts on the jersey (except for the helmet stickers) fearing it would look like a chargers knock off. I also gave them some elite socks just add to the Nike transformation feel. Let me know what you think! Thanks

kentstate_zps895a286b.png

big12sig.png

TexasTemplatePNG_cr.png

I like all of the concepts, except I think GaTech is a little plain. I agree with whoever suggested adding the honeycomb detail.

ULL is pretty good, but I think you should use the circle logo with the "Ragin Cajuns" writing to keep it more in line with their old helmets.

http://media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-us/dbimages/125763a.jpg

Kent State is also a big upgrade, but I'd suggest getting rid of the white facemask and go with blue.

With Kent State you took rhe best rhing anout tgeir logo and removed iy for the K. I like the bolts. That makes sense but lose the outline. You go from no white on tge jersey to all white pants. Its good but just a minor change IMO would tighten it up.

Archived