The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Hopefully NHL Network doesn't eff up this Bruins/Pens broadcast. I'd like to get a feel of the atmosphere.

Appearantly GCL has this game blacked out. Blacking out a game because it's being aired nationally on a PREMIUM channel. OITGDNHL

That's...really bad. Wow.

A rescheduled game at that.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think that's weird - the game was apparently blacked out for some cable viewers here in Chicagoland.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't know what to say about the Bruins. 4 straight losses.

Come on Boston, the one time I actually want you to win, you let me down. More reason to dislike you guys :P

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I was in 7th grade the last time the Leafs played a playoff game, and an now finishing my 3rd year of college. Been a long and frustrating road, but man does it feel good and weird that we are back in it!

untitled-6.jpg

The Leafs season in just two videos.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Wow... the last time the Leafs made the playoffs I was not a CCSLCer!

Been a Leafs fan since 1993. I was in my fourth year at CMU the last time the Leafs were in the playoffs. So glad that streak is over.

GO LEAFS GO!

Go Leafs Go and Fire Up Chips!

-Class of '02

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Leafs clinch, Wings might not make it. This is one weird ass season.

48 games are not enough to make it a legit season when every other one since 1947 (except the other shortened season in 94-95, which I also proclaim illegitimate) had 60 or more games. Asterisks for everyone!!!

Since where giving our "Where I was" moment...

2nd year of grad school.

48 games are not enough to make it a legit season when every other one since 1947 (except the other shortened season in 94-95, which I also proclaim illegitimate) had 60 or more games. Asterisks for everyone!!!

peter.jpg

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

We'll see you there Philly! Oh wait....

Every team was on even footing with the 48 game schedule. It's not like the Leafs got a special break no one else got.

We could have the Leafs and Islanders in the playoffs and the Wings out of it. VERY weird season.

what-did-you-just-say.gif

Captain Obvious has saved the day! But it's not like they were handed a berth. Both the Isles and Leafs have been competitive. Shortened season or not, the outcome is just strange to see.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

It is strange, I'll give you that. I still won't be watching. I have lacrosse and the CFL to look forward to. Both of those Toronto-based teams are regularly competitive, and not obsessed with their profit margins to the point of insanity.

I was in grade 6. Just graduated from college.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived