The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Extrapolated over 82 games, the Panthers would have 184 goals for and 293 against for a season differential of -109. The short season and loser points are obfuscating that we're witnessing, or not witnessing, one of the worst teams in years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck yeah. If the Jackets can clinch, I hope they can do enough to be a 6 or 7 seed. Do not want to see them play Chicago in the First Round.

Yeah, except if the Wild and/or Blues win a game, that's damn near impossible.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

But I don't see how the Jackets won't make it.

If they win tonight, they'll be 3 points up on Detroit who have 2 games in hand. Point % wise, that's pretty good

They'll also be 4 points up on Dallas who has a game in hand a(or 2 points if the Stars somehow win this game)

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Wild just dropped a 4-1 home decision to the tanking Flames. That's kind of a pointless worry there, if the Blue Jackets play well to finish up.

The Wild are on their way to an eighth seed and they might miss the playoffs altogether. To be honest, I'd rather play Chicago in the first round because I don't want to play Anaheim again in the playoffs. I also don't want to stay up until midnight to watch a team lose in the first round when they could be finishing their early exit from the playoffs by 10 at the latest.

But I don't see how the Jackets won't make it.

If they win tonight, they'll be 3 points up on Detroit with 2 games in hand. Point % wise, that's pretty good

They'll also be 4 points up on Dallas with a game in hand (or 2 points if the Stars somehow win this game)

Columbus holds games in hand over nobody, and also falls short on the first tiebreaker of ROW. They don't even necessarily control their fate even if they win out, though with games vs. Dallas and home to Nashville to finish up, that sets up pretty well for them to procure four out of four points to end the season.

Lets see if they can hold off San Jose. 3-2 mid-3rd.

spacer.png

Archived