The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The announcers were trying to work out the ways that the Jets could finish eighth. It was sad.

I hope the Leafs/Sens/Islanders knock the Caps out because seriously screw a team that dogged it for half the season such that the awful Hurricanes were a first place team, only to remember they could bother to turn it on in time. Also, there are fewer NHL storylines more tedious than "Will Alex Ovechkin ever be the same player again?!? Oh, maybe. But still maybe not. I don't know."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Montreal and Boston don't seem to want to win the division also.

I don't get it. Only the Penguins are a discernibly better team (and will win the East if hockey makes any sense this year). This Bruins skid, especially when you'd think they'd be playing inspired hockey after last week's events, is just mind-boggling.

spacer.png

I don't get it. Only the Penguins are a discernibly better team (and will win the East if hockey makes any sense this year). This Bruins skid, especially when you'd think they'd be playing inspired hockey after last week's events, is just mind-boggling.

They have literally been doing everything wrong. No offense, no defense, no hustle, no inspiration, no passing.

They just put Khubodin back in the game after Rask gave up two goals after he replaced Khubodin.

Only the Penguins are a discernibly better team (and will win the East if hockey makes any sense this year).

Hockey doesn't make any sense in any year.

And if anything, the disruptions to Boston's schedule are going to be more of a hindrance than the intangible "inspiration" of people being murdered in and around the city where their organization conducts business. People get murdered on the south side of Chicago every week and it's certainly not helping the White Sox win.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't get it. Only the Penguins are a discernibly better team (and will win the East if hockey makes any sense this year).

I wouldn't be so sure. They're the two most likely candidates to oust the Pens in the East, IMO.

oBIgzrL.png

Only the Penguins are a discernibly better team (and will win the East if hockey makes any sense this year).

Hockey doesn't make any sense in any year.

And if anything, the disruptions to Boston's schedule are going to be more of a hindrance than the intangible "inspiration" of people being murdered in and around the city where their organization conducts business. People get murdered on the south side of Chicago every week and it's certainly not helping the White Sox win.

I dunno. The same crap that's impugning the Bruins seemed to lift the Red Sox at the same time. I'm prone to subscribing to those theories, so I'll take any blame for how stupid they are.

And of course hockey makes no sense. It's probably why the East Final this year will be something like Washington vs. Ottawa. Because those goaltenders will get super-hot in time to squeeze past Pittsburgh.

spacer.png

YES YES YES!!! :D

we just need a win to quallify :boogie:

*looks at schedule*

frack...

Ottawa plays the Bruins, you guys will be fine.

But even when the Bruins are bad, we still can't beat them

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Archived