The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to another meaningless win, the Flyers eliminated themselves from a top 6 pick. <_< Any chance one of the teams up top will want to trade down? Seems like Jones to Colorado is a lock, and Nurse (Donovan McNabb's nephew) may not make it to us.

thks_zps1da97e09.png

tweet the Blue Jackets sent to the Kings partway through their lackluster performance against Minnesota. Hopefully LA comes to play against Detroit tonight. Actually, I need them to show up, otherwise Detroit is going to stroll to the playoffs against Nashville and a Dallas team that will have nothing to play for by game 48.

At least the Sharks beat the Stars last night.

Looking at the schedule I'm becoming more and more miffed about this BS 6 game road trip to end the season. I thought it wouldn't matter at the beginning of the season because I didn't expect to be in the playoff race, but this is bull$hit. What other teams are dealing with this right now?

I think 29 NHL fan bases are pulling for the Kings tonight.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Looking at the schedule I'm becoming more and more miffed about this BS 6 game road trip to end the season. I thought it wouldn't matter at the beginning of the season because I didn't expect to be in the playoff race, but this is bull$hit. What other teams are dealing with this right now?

Islanders also have a season-ending five-game roadtrip or something, but it's probably been to their benefit since they've been better on the road this season anyway, and they clinched a playoff spot last night in Raleigh.

I suspect that's a lot more miles of travel for Columbus, though.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Thanks to another meaningless win, the Flyers eliminated themselves from a top 6 pick. <_< Any chance one of the teams up top will want to trade down? Seems like Jones to Colorado is a lock, and Nurse (Donovan McNabb's nephew) may not make it to us.

Actually no. No non-playoff team is eliminated from any pick, just a lower percentage. The NHL is going full lottery this season. Any team that doesn't make the playoffs is eligible for the #1 pick.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Islanders also have a season-ending five-game roadtrip or something, but it's probably been to their benefit since they've been better on the road this season anyway, and they clinched a playoff spot last night in Raleigh.

I suspect that's a lot more miles of travel for Columbus, though.

Well, yeah. Columbus has a season-ending trip that has taken them through Denver, SoCal, San Jose, and one other random location (Calgary?) before ending in Dallas on Thursday night. But Western teams in general have significant more travel than Eastern teams. This is no surprise.

spacer.png

Actually no. No non-playoff team is eliminated from any pick, just a lower percentage. The NHL is going full lottery this season. Any team that doesn't make the playoffs is eligible for the #1 pick.

Understood, but they have less than a 5% chance at #1, and the NHL doesn't pick for the top 3 like the NBA does, so it's either #1 or stay put (or slide down one if you're unlucky)

Hurricanes have called up Jared Staal, the youngest Staal brother, and he's expected to make his NHL debut tomorrow against the Rangers. So all four Staals will be in the NHL together, three on the same team playing against the fourth brother's (Marc's) team. But Marc is still injured, so just 3 Staals on the same ice.

I'm kinda interested to see what's on his jersey. Eric is "Staal", Jordan is "J. Staal", so I'd guess Jared is "Ja. Staal"?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

YES YES YES!!! :D

we just need a win to quallify :boogie:

*looks at schedule*

frack...

Ottawa plays the Bruins, you guys will be fine.

But even when the Bruins are bad, we still can't beat them

The Bruins game will be their last in a stretch of 6 in 9 days so they should be able to win that one. Also, the Caps and Flyers both have nothing left to play for. I'm not too worried about getting in to the playoffs, especially if Karlsson gets in for a game or two.

Dustin Brown gets a 2 game Shanaban to close out the year.

And of course Brendan picks a game that matters to Detroit for Brown's ban.

Stop posting, please.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived